Thread: Day naps

Default Day naps

Hi all,
    I'm just wondering how long does your 9-10 month old nap for during the day? Or how long do you let your LO nap for?

Default Re: Day naps

My 11mo has about an hour and a half, but sometimes up to 3 hours. He has 13 hours overnight, broken with 4 or 5 feeds. He dreamfeeds though, so most of that time is spent sleeping. At 9m he had 12hrs overnight and 2 to 3 hours in 2 naps in the day.

My eldest, on the other hand, at 9m had 7 or 8 hours overnight, very broken, and up to 2 naps of up to 2 hours in the day.

Hi Mickstar. My 11 month old is just trying to transition to one sleep a day. In the last few weeks, he has just started sleeping all night from 7pm to 6/7am depending on when the 2 year old wakes up. Before this latest phase, he would either have 2 decent naps or one decent and 2x45minute naps. He would also wake once or twice during the night for a quick feed and resettle.

Coincidentally, the sleeping through started after i weaned him. He was starting to wake up 4 times for boob but refused it completely through the day. I started him on formula because i couldn't cope with his 4 times and the 2yo once during the night. After 2 weeks of less than 3 hours broken sleep a night, I started him on formula during the day because I was worried about him getting enough nutrients.

He took to the bottle straight away and didn't look back, which I still feel guilty about. I think the rejection was because I fell pregnant again that can change your milk.

Long story short, he had about 4 hours all up during the day.

He has 3hrs of sleep. Usually 3x1 hour. Today was 5mins, 30 mins, 2hrs, 30 mins.

Hmm, interesting.

My daughter who is 10 months old today will occasionally (very rarely) have a 3 hour nap in one go (yesterday's morning nap being like that). She generally has two naps a day ranging from anywhere between 1-2 hours. And sleeps through the night too, 8-9 hours is the usual for night time, can sometimes be longer or shorter just depends on her.

I sometimes worry about letting her go over that 3 hours, worry that she might not sleep that night. Even though she does but I like my sleep lol so I don't want to ruin her sleeping through the night.