Thread: Ouch he`s biting!!!!

Default Ouch he`s biting!!!!

What can I do girls?? Matthew has decided that biting is a great way to get a reaction from Mummy during breastfeeding, he hasn`t as yet broken the skin but has left teeth marks and my it hurts, last night I made him cry as I yelled out in pain wheras today after biting he has a cheeky grin on his face.

I do normally pull him off and tell him it`s naughty but at 6 months I`m sure he`s not going to understand what I`m talking about.

Take Care

Deeanne

Put him on the floor as soon as he bites you. Don't make a bit fuss about it, just let him know he has done the wrong thing.

Colleen Guest

oh yeah, im hearing you! Ive had this prob a few times and the lovely girls of BB gave me some great tips like Sammi-J's

I have found that he usually bites to relieve pressure so if hes doing it, I put him on the floor, give him some teething gel and a water ring thats been in the fridge and try to feed him after 5 minutes.

Trust me , its HURTS when they draw blood so I hope this technique can help you out!!!

Colleen

Dee - they DEFINITLY understand no. I've only told Jenna NO once when she bit me, and she absolutely cracked it, I couldn't stop laughing as I had no idea she would understand it.
    And shane is trying to stop her pulling the glass of his face. He has said no a couple of times, and sme thing - she definitly knows what no is, if not just from the tone in our voice.

Time to start I think - you dont want to be bitten many more times. It bloody hurts!! Other things to try are softly blocking the nose (makes them pull off) or give them a flick on the cheek.

HTH
    Fi

Thanks Girls for your tips

HA HA PMSL...Sorry Fi, can just see all these Breastfeeding Mums flicking their kids cheeks!!!

Definately babies understand in our voice tones...

GoodLuck though sounds painful

Aw Fi, I sympathise big time,in the end Will would get this as you say"cheeky" grin and then bite & god it hurts like hell.

As i was determined to feed for a year, and I did. I was heart broken to end it, but ok soon after as the last time he bit me, he drew BLOOD. :evil:

Dee - I am not able to give you any pearls of wisdom (havent been there yet) but i really hope all these things work for you, that must be awful!