Thread: Vent: the vaccination war

Default Vent: the vaccination war

Can I vent in here?

I just need to get it off my chest. I'm tired of the pro vs anti vaxer fight. Im especially tired of the current attack on anti vaxers. The media, social media in particular seems to paint this picture that those who are not vaccinated are these cess pools of disease disguised as a human out to get all the rest of the world. And of course these disease can only be passed on via children, and unvaxed children at that. There seems to be little mention, if ever, about adults who have low or no immunity to disease.
    I understand the aim of the attack, to remove the world of these things, I get the need for it. I'm not opposed to it.
    Yet I understand the anti side. Some of it I don't understand I admit, I get the reservations to it.
    I'm just over this battle/debate/war. I don't think it gets us to the end point that I'm pretty sure everyone wants.
    Do we really need to use name calling, bullying , belittling etc of other parents in hope of us all reaching what I hope is an agreed wish/want for the future?
    Thanks I needed to get that out

Default Re: Vent: the vaccination war

I agree! Why is it that those who choose not to vaccinate don't care what the others do, but those who are pro very strongly push that everyone must follow their decisions? I have my own opinions, but they are mine. I just think everyone should have access to reliable factual information to do their research, and that we should all have the right to choose without being pressured by media or government.

Just ignore it.
    If you are secure in your choices it shouldn't matter.
    So many things on FB offend me, if I got all het up about every one of them, I would be a very angry person.

Vent away. I, too, am sick and tired of the media trying to get us to judge each other rather than holding our politicians and culture to account... why are we not having a political uprising? Why just attack parents (usually mums)? You can only be complicit in keeping folks downtrodden for so long before you destroy society or society destroys you.

Yes I agree. My FB feed is awash with people banging on about anti-vaxs, most of them don't even have kids. Anti-vaxs are seen as ignorant, arrogant morons. Even though I do (mostly) vaccinate I am severe doubts about the amount of vaccines kids are given these days, and I really worry that one day we will find big long term problems associated with this battery of vaccines. So I absolutely get both sides, but the derogatory comments are usually only directed towards anti-vaxs.

Phew thanks all

Ltd, I do try and ignore it and most of the time i don't even register the debate. But this current attack seems to be more nasty than those in the past, and more 'below the belt' hits.

Glad I'm not alone in my thoughts though