Thread: Roasting on the BBQ

Cool Roasting on the BBQ

I have my family coming over for a Sunday roast lunch next weekend and my thought was to do the roast in one of those foil trays on the BBQ!! Do I just get the BBQ up to the same degrees that I roast in the oven and cook for the same amount of time??

Has anyone roasted on a BB before.....Any tips for me??

Cooking time varies. BBQ's Galore has great info for BBQ cooking times on their website. Always make sure you have the pan on indirect heat. Also get yourself a meat thermometer and make sure it's in the meat at the right point. If you're doing multiple roasts you might want to invest in a digital thermometer with a cord so you can do many readings iykwim? I tell you once you've cooked roasts on a BBQ you'll never go back, the meat tastes so much better and you don't have to wash up a yucky pan or clean the oven afterwards

Thanks cai. My thought exactly bout cleaning... Bonus is that MIL works for glad so I get all the foil trays and all the other goodies free. I will go look at the BBQ galore site now. Thanks again.

Okay.....I am having abit of a confusing minute....... On the BBQ Galore website it say so "48-55 min/kg".....they mean per kilo, hey?? Someone please help!!! Lol I have never done this all on the BBQ before.

Yes Per Kilo

Yep so if you have 1 Kg of roast chicken then you would roast on BBQ for between 48 and 55 minutes.

If you have 2Kg of meat you would roast for double that time.

Thanks guys!! Thought it meant that but thought I would check with you pro's first!! Lol.....That is the amount of time they suggest for a lamb leg with bone in!! Thanks again!