Thread: HELP - Slow Cooker Silverside Question!

Default HELP - Slow Cooker Silverside Question!

Oops, this should probably go in the sc section, but I just had to ask quickly, as it is already cooking!

I put my 1kg silverside on in the sc at 9am on high because it has to be covered with water. The thing is, the pot is full of water, as the cut is an odd shape. Recipes say to cook on high for 4-6 hours, or low for 8-10 hours. Its for dinner tonight at 6pm.

Do I turn it back to low after the water seems hot and turn it off at 6pm, or leave it on high for about 6 or more hours?

Last time I did silverside in the sc, it was a fairly square cut (again 1kg), and it cooked happily away from 9am to 6pm on low, as it didn;t have that much water to heat up.

Sorry for the odd question!

Cool thanks, Carley! I will turn it down soon in that case. I put in some brown sugar, as that was all I had. Last time I put in a finely chopped onion too, but that didn't agree with me.

I have to go now. While I was just on here, my little darling has got a blue pen, scribbled in one of my cookery books (annoying), but also all over the face of her doll, and then on her own forehead. Not happy. So now I am off to the cleaning section.

I've tried eucalypus oil (nothing), and jif which lightened the ink. Will give s&w a go. thanks.

Also try a magic eraser to get ink off hard surfaces. Works really well here!!

Thanks Rach, I think I have one of those....

Just to let you know, I have also tried tea tree oil, spray and wipe, more jif, and baby wipes (the wipes aren't huggies, so that's probably why didn't work too well), but the pen is still there. Albeit a bit lighter than before. Metho next if the magic thing doesn't work. Although, the cheap wipes did work well to get the pen off Steph's face. (She was curious as to what I was doing to her doll, so I did it to her!)

Hi There,
    The type of pen is important.
    If it's a ball point pen then the answer is different to if it was a Texta or Permanent marker which would be different to a white-board marker whi ... I could go on, but you get the idea.
    To cover the most common ones:
    On the Cookbook:
    White-board marker: Hi-Gloss pages might allow you to wipe it off if you're quick, otherwise an artistic approach with liquid paper might help?
    Ball Point Pen: An artistic approach with liquid paper might help?
    Permanent marker: An artistic approach with liquid paper might help?

On the doll:
    White-board marker: Cloth with a dash of metho, allow doll to dry properly before littleys can lick it.
    Ball Point Pen: 120 Grit abrasive paper
    Permanent marker: Angle Grinder
    On the Child:
    White-board marker: Time ... Wash well with mild soap each evening & eventually it's all gone
    Ball Point Pen: Time ... Wash well with mild soap each evening & eventually it's all gone
    Permanent marker: Time ... Wash well with mild soap each evening & eventually it's all gone