Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xmas and Birthday Spending

Default Re: Xmas and Birthday Spending

How much do you spend for Santa gift and stocking stuffers

Santa gives them one thing - that they asked for in a letter to Santa, and he gives them a book. Spend about $40

How much for a gift from parents?

About $50/$100 depending on what we see that is suitable.

What about birthday's what do you spend per child for birthday??

About $100.

Does the cost go up as their age goes up?

Yes - when they we little they got hardly anything!

Do you make any gifts for your children?

No

Do you purchase any toys or gifts between birthday and Xmas for you child?

We buy our children their bikes, scooters, trampolines etc during the year. I don't like buying a new bike for example for Christmas because I don't want my kids expecting a 'big' present for Christmas or birthday. I don't want them expecting that we'll 'top' last years present. And I don't want them to look at each other's 'big' present and compare it to theirs and have any issues. So we keep Christmas and birthday kinda small.

Oh and they get 15/20 to spend on each other. Which we do for birthday and Christmas. It's always a hoot that day.

I've only got the one child, under 5. This year, I have spent about $100 on his birthday present and another $200-250 on the party. For Xmas, I will spend around $300 on him. He loves lego atm so will get one huge lego set and one or two little ones. I follow the Something I want, something I need, something to wear and something to read thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Back2Insanity View Post
    I follow the Something I want, something I need, something to wear and something to read thing.
    Im 3 kids and 2 step kids into this parenting gig, how have I never heard of this?! Love it!!

How much do you spend for Santa gift and stocking stuffers
    I don't really have a limit on this, but make sure each child has the same amount of presents in their sacks.

How much for a gift from parents?
    We do a joint present. This year it is a gaming PC as their old one bit the dust a couple of months ago, so we spent slightly more than we normally would. They don't get separate presents from us, but will get presents from each other usually around the $30 or $40 mark.

What about birthday's what do you spend per child for birthday??
    Approximately $100 Per child

Does the cost go up as their age goes up?
    no

Do you make any gifts for your children?
    No. Definitely no crafty bone in this body.

Do you purchase any toys of gifts between birthday and Xmas for you child?
    Yes. With two of my children they have Christmas and birthdays within 2 months from each other. So if there is something that any of the three want i will generally go out and get it within reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Back2Insanity View Post
    I follow the Something I want, something I need, something to wear and something to read thing.
    I've followed this for a few years now, makes it easier to buy xmas and birthday presents in advance

I usually spend about $20 for the read/need/wear and a bit more for the want.

We don't do xmas stockings really, I have a little bag for each child with their initial on it and fill it with pencils and notebook, a new toothbrush, small chocolate - those kinds of things.

because I shop during the year I don't really have a set budget, especially for the want bit. This xmas the big 4 are getting ipods that were on special. I don't usually spend that much (ever!!!!!) but we got a good tax return so thought I would give them a great present because the last few years have been a bit scabby for them present wise lol

Oh yeah! Toothbrush in the stocking - we do this too! I've also put in things like little packets of tissues or bandaids, novelty soap, etc. One time I only put in "old fashioned" things, which meant one stick of candy-cane, a handful of walnuts, and an orange. PMSL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12