Thread: Freedom for Birth premiers 20th September

Default Freedom for Birth premiers 20th September

Are you going to one of the 1000 Premier viewings of the documentary "Freedom for Birth"?

Over 1000 première screenings of "Freedom for Birth" will take place on

Thursday 20th September 2012

About the film
    Freedom for Birth is a new 60 minute campaigning film that re-frames Human Rights as the most pressing issue in childbirth today.

In many countries around the world, women are being denied the most basic human right of autonomy over their own bodies. They cannot choose how and where to give birth. Those that persist in their desire to have a normal, physiological birth are sometimes forced by judges to surrender to surgery or threatened with having their babies taken away by child welfare services.

In many countries, if a woman wants to have a home birth supported by a midwife, those midwives face criminal prosecution. Some midwives, like Ágnes Geréb in Hungary, are even imprisoned. Freedom for Birth calls for radical reform to the world’s maternity systems so that these Human Rights violations stop and women are afforded real choice as to how and where they give birth.

Yes! Tomorrow night in Sydney with my m/w group and at least one other BB member. Looking forward to it too!

This is tonight - looking forward to it!

Made some apricot slice to take. Expressing some milk for DS. Will jump in the shower soon. I am leaving the kids with DH and going solo tonight.

Think my one will be quite a small gathering, but happy if i am proven wrong.

Ours won't be huge either.

DP will have to manage without me and my bbs. I should be home before DD2 wants another feed.

Enjoy HotI, turns out DP is still at work and not home for over an hour anyway

I missed the Premiere - but I have ordered a copy - can't wait to see it. On Facebook, the One World Birth page shows pics of women all around the world viewing the film! Very inspirational.