View Poll Results: When Did You Lose Your Show?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than 2 weeks before labour started

8 5.19%
  • Around 2 weeks before labour started

6 3.90%
  • Around 1 week before labour started

15 9.74%
  • 1-2 days prior to labour

48 31.17%
  • During labour / Lost show with water being broken

52 33.77%
  • I never saw my show at all

25 16.23%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When Did You Lose Your Show / Mucous Plug?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default When Did You Lose Your Show / Mucous Plug?

This poll is to see when BellyBelly members lost their show. All votes are anonymous so please feel free to vote!

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I need mulitple votes lol

Kameron - after being induced and well into labour, but before waters were broken

Lachlan - 37wks 6 days after an internal. Started that night and got really bloody next morning. Spoke to midwife who said it sounded like the show, but if it continued to go in. It didn't continue and I was induced 3 days later.

Love :smt049

Mine started the day before I went into labour with Nicholas.

Kazz & co \/
    Nicholas 26/10/02

Mine was the morning I went into labour........from that moment on I knew things were happening.........gave birth about 12 hours later!

I didn't see my show until straight after my waters were broken, well into labour. Ob was trying to hurry things along as it was a long labour.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Pietta Guest

Thanks for this poll!! I was wondering if I hadnt had a show yet that I wouldnt go into labour this weekend, but it seems as though it should be fine then!! There is hope for an EDD labour day yet!! hehehe

Thanks.. also does it just look like a period? (Sorry if tmi but i dont know!!)

Pee,

Sometimes the show / mucous plug can be blood-stained but to be honest, to me it more looks like a huuuge lot of semen LMAO... some women actually get confused with it if they have sex late in pregnancy.
    Kelly xx

Pietta Guest

So I need to look for funky coloured lumps of semen!! LOL
    I will keep my eye out then...

There is none of that happening atm due to pelvic and hip pain so I am pretty sure I will notice! Thanks for the info Kelly!!

(BTW I like all the new avatars!! The ladies are keeping you busy with all these changes arent they!!)

ok...for me it was on my due date which wss 14 days before induction... and as we were trying to hurry along labour naturally... I wasn't sure if it was or not, but mine was bloody and mucousy (TMI) for around 12 hours.

Show?... what show??? I'm guessing it probably came out when my waters broke and gushed onto the floor...

mine came 2 days before i had josh, and as soon as it came was when i slowly started to dilate, mine looked like a massive amount of seamen come to think of it, but with a few blood streaks in it aswell

Lesley

Excuse me for being so uninformed - but what is 'the show'?

KeenAs

KeenAs........the "show" is when the mucus plug that prevents infectiosn getting into the cervix that is plugging theneck of hte cervix comes away through the vagina late in pregnancy: usually around when labour starts/when your waters break............

This is gross, but mine looked like a cross between a bloody stringy glob of snot, and semen........revolting.......sorry if TMI :-# but because it was so yuk I knew straight away what it was.............

Oh, okay - thanks

KeenAs

Melinda Guest

I lost mine during labour and I'm with Lucy on how it looked LOL. It was a big snotty/semeny type thing that was bloody/mucusy....ewww!! There was a bit of it too.....

layla Guest

Uuuuggghhhh, that is so gross, but so true! The memories just came flooding back!

Pietta Guest

I forgot to write in here that mine looked like lots and lots of semen!! hehehe there was no hint of blood colours though! Just that familiar yellow/white colour!! 8-[

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast