View Poll Results: When Did You Lose Your Show?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than 2 weeks before labour started

8 5.19%
  • Around 2 weeks before labour started

6 3.90%
  • Around 1 week before labour started

15 9.74%
  • 1-2 days prior to labour

48 31.17%
  • During labour / Lost show with water being broken

52 33.77%
  • I never saw my show at all

25 16.23%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When Did You Lose Your Show / Mucous Plug?

cathy Guest

I lost mine this morning! am hoping things are gonna get moving maybe tonight or in the next few days!!

there was heaps it was very similar to what semen looks like ( no smell or blood ) just the yellowy/white colour like Pee mentioned above had to wipe three times before there was no more on the toilet paper ( sorry for too much info but it happened after i went to the toilet for a wee i felt wet and went and checked things out when i wiped there was my show )

\/

I had mine at 37 weeks and then again at 39 weeks(dunno why i had two 8-[ )and now i'm 1 day overdue! Not much of a sign that labor is coming if you ask me! Mine was like a huge blob of mucus with a hint of blood in it(both times)...Very gross!

Jelly Guest

I felt funny at some ridiculous time of the morning and stood to go to the loo and "plop" my show fell out on the floor on the way to the loo. That was 1 hour before my first pang of labour pain. My baby was born 10 hours later! Yep - I agree - looks like a big goober!

With Mason the show came out when I sat on the loo. I just kept dripping. I thought it might have been the waters as they said at the pre natal class that it can leak slowly sometimes. He was born 9 1/2 hours later.

With Angus I didn't see the show until I was in very active labour in the bath. I saw blood floating in a blob in the water. The midwife said oh thats a little show. Then the waters exploded and I had to get out of the bath and in two pushed Angus was out!
    I was told to wait for the show before coming in to the hospital but if I did then Angus would have been born in the driveway!

I agree with everyone elses discriptions of it.
    I got mine about 10 hours before i had son.

I had mine when about 4 hrs after labour started. It was ewwwwwy definitely goober looking but hard at the same time LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Default reply

God u guys crack me up!!!!!! my show just looked like the end of your period, the dark browny color, but i had mine 4 2weeks prior. Sorry if that didnt help. Good luck and im thinking of you angel.xx [-o< for all to go well.xx

I'e waited until I had had jacob before answering this one. So out of 5 pregnancies I have not once had a show - not sure if I should be happy about this or not LOL.

My show started about 8 days after my due date, and continued for the 3 days before I was induced. It was a bit like the end of my period, but every so often had a couple of big snotty globs in it.
    Yum.....
    Fi

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Moving to Poll Archive
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Default reply

I didn't with Nyah, as everything was so quick, I went into hospital at 35weeks and 5 days and 7cms dialated, and didn't know I was in labor!

William on the other hand AAARRRGGGHHH I had a show one week before hand and was in pre-labor for 2 weeks. #-o

Debbie Lee Guest

I reckon this was the most gross part of the whole experience (that and getting the catheter inserted... 8-[ ).
    I saw a bit of show after 2 doses of prostin gel to induce labour then, after a 3rd dose of gel, I saw what looked like a big goober of snot on the tp. Ewww! It smelled hideous too and it made me gag. Urrgh! Still, I was happy to see it because it meant that the gel was doing more than just putting me under excrutiating pain!

mine was the morning labour started.blood tinged and almost looked like a miscairaige.hope i didnt ofend.
    nikki

Nessie Guest

Default When did you "show"

Mine was 10.3o Christmas night 2001 Labour began straight away and my son was born 12.14pm Boxing day.
    It's appaearance was like a thick, mucous-like plug about 3cm long. I had never seen one before but knew what it was immediately.

Vanessa + Rohan ( My Shining star) 3 1/2

hmmm 39 weeks with my first who was born at 41 weeks. 38 weeks with no.2 who was also a 41 weeker. 35 weeks with no. 3 who was 39 weeks born and.... 26 weeks with no. 4 who was born at 38 weeks.

I had 2 shows. the first was about 5 days before my waters broke. It was like a giant lump of snot. The second was the night before I went into labour and it was clear mucus on the loo paper with little flecks of bright red blood in it.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

*bumping thread*
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

With Declan I had my show about 5 hours before I gave birth to him.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast