View Poll Results: When Did You Lose Your Show?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than 2 weeks before labour started

8 5.19%
  • Around 2 weeks before labour started

6 3.90%
  • Around 1 week before labour started

15 9.74%
  • 1-2 days prior to labour

48 31.17%
  • During labour / Lost show with water being broken

52 33.77%
  • I never saw my show at all

25 16.23%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When Did You Lose Your Show / Mucous Plug?

Hi,

With my DD Ruqayah i had my show 1 week before going into labour,i was at my antenatal appointment and i noticed it after a trip to the loo.It was a few streeks of mucousy red blood.yuck.

i'm intrigued...i never got that far as my dd came premmie at 34 weeks. What's the most common - 1-2 days prior labour???

Hi,

iluvella i dont think there is a common!!! lol,everyone seems gets it at very diffirent times.

i could be wrong though

I went into labour on the Sunday night, then started to lose the show on Monday morning (which was quite exciting as I knew it was really happening then!). Had Lucy Tuesday night.

Xander-had it the day before, was induced the next day. Labour wasnt progressing on its own.
    Declan-never saw it, was induced too.
    Anneliese-Had it at 25w, at 30w contracted an infection due to having a bath with no plug. Had emergency c/s

I had mine during the first few hours or labour. I had no idea what it was and almost had a heart attack,lol

This is a great thread, even if a bit TMI in some parts...hehe!

Anyway, yesterday & this morning I've had what sounds similar to some others in here...the clear/yellowish goober like stuff coming out and I'm thinking that it must be my plug!!!! I'm 38.5 weeks along and have been having some crampy pains (but not regular) over the last week also... Does it sound like I'm getting close?!?!

Also, should you phone the hospital or OB when you loose the plug or just wait for labour? I have no clue?! Thanks!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Towards the end of pregnancy an increase in progesterone production results in more mucus - the sticky slippery /cloudy type. The show is more like EWCM and can have streaks of brown or red in it, so it may just be mucus.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Sherie I had no clue either! I lost mine around lunchtime and like you had had pains on and off for ages. About 12hours later I lost a gush of what I thought was more mucous, but now I'm aware it was my water breaking! :eek: I had pain on and off for two days after that, but it wasn't bad enough for me to feel I needed to tell anyone, so I never thoguht to. I saw the ob on the thrid day and had heer late the next night - It can never hurt to ring and ask is the moral of the story! I had to have a thousand antibiotics because I had been in labour so long with little fluid for her.

Mustang Guest

Unhappy The Show

I am 39 weeks pregnant and im pretty sure i had the show in the evening on the 6th of Novemeber, but still nothing has really happened... i have had contractions here and there but nothing solid...i have done the long fast walks and drank the tea... i was wondering if there was anyone on this forum who had a show but didnt go into labour until more than a week? or if it means anything?

Mustang

I had the show just before i went into Hospital i was in labour and i called the hospital to see if i should come in and they said yes! I went to the toilet and thats when i had the show, so i knew things were going to start soon and omg did they, luckily it the worst of it was in Hospital. I got to the hospital and they took care of me after 12 hrs of labour i had my beautiful little girl Tayneesha. I was 2 days off being 40 weeks pregnant when i had my show.

With Ashton I was in labour and had a bloody show about an hour before I went into the hospital. Arrived just before 8pm and Ashton was born at 1.36am.

Love

I had my show when I was about 5hours into labour, i went to the toilet & it plopped out!! It was red/pinky in colour. Nixon was born 10hrs later.

I had a 72 hour labour, and I *think* I saw mine on the second day. It's all a bit of a blur until I got to the hospital and the gas which was the day I had her!

In any event, there was no mistaking it. It was like a pinky colour and like was definately like ewcm, but I'd say thicker and I was surprised by how much of it there was.

During labour / Lost show with water being broken

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I was loosing bits and pieces of my plug for about 2-3 weeks prior to labour, but lost the rest in a big chunk (about enough to fill a teaspoon) on Tuesday at 4pm and had contractions for several hours afterwards. Wednesday was a quiet day with no contractions at all but then 2am Thursday (today) my waters broke.

smiles4u Guest

Wink

I had my SHOW on the day I was due to have my baby !!

... My daughter was born almost exactly 48hrs later

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

*bump*
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast