View Poll Results: When Did You Lose Your Show?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than 2 weeks before labour started

8 5.19%
  • Around 2 weeks before labour started

6 3.90%
  • Around 1 week before labour started

15 9.74%
  • 1-2 days prior to labour

48 31.17%
  • During labour / Lost show with water being broken

52 33.77%
  • I never saw my show at all

25 16.23%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: When Did You Lose Your Show / Mucous Plug?

Mine started while I was in hospital having contractions. My water broke some 24 hours before my mucous plug dislodged.

Never saw it. Could be still in there!

More than Once! LOL.

Ok, I will go with "During labour" because 3 of them were during labour. The other two were the day before - simply because labour is so damn long it went past midnight! LOL.

lol I need multiple votes too!

First, didn't lose had c/s.

Second, must've been when hossy broke waters? I was in labour but bub was in distress.

Third, this was EXACTLY 2 wks to the day before he was born. My best birthing experience too

Never....

I've only seen 2 other replies from people who didn't see theirs. Is this that unusual?
    I'm assuming mine must have been so far into my labours I never noticed?...

ETA ok, I just checked the poll results... I guess it's not that unusual

I didn't see mine. The midwife pointed it out to me, but I really couldn't be bothered changing position to see it. Apparently it came out as a nice complete plug during stage 2.

Default Do you think i lost my show?

Hi I'm 35weeks pregnant...I vomited this morning then after that I when to the loo for a pee but then I saw a thick white/yellow snotty discharge. I have no pain what so ever just allot of enery so I was wondering is this my show?

DD1 - lost my plug over the arvo before labour started. I think I lost the last bit about 6 hours before my waters broke.
    DD2 - lots of mucous the 2 or 3 days before, but it was different to DD1's.
    DS - nothing. No warning at all! Was told I was having the show in labour, but never saw it.

I never actually saw a bloody show with any of them. DD1's was grey & blood streaked, but thats it.

Oosie - thats probably some of your plug hun Still could be a while yet (as you can see, 2 weeks or more), but your body is getting ready. Good luck
    Last edited by ~clover~; April 23rd, 2010 at 08:31 PM.

I had my show then labour started about 3 hours later. I gave birth 20 hours after the show. Not really sure what to vote for because it was less than a day before, but not during labour.

Never lost mine at all - DS was stuck in the birth canal for 5 days and I'm sure that if he wasn't I would have lost it during labour

With DS it came away over a couple of days so I never really saw a plug, just pretty much every time I went to the toilet there was a lot of mucous there. I went into labour about 2 days after that.

With DD I never saw it at all. My waters broke just before I started pushing so I assume it came out at some point then.

I'm actually quite disappointed, I wanted to get a look at it! Hoping I get to see it this time.

Thumbs up Show

I lost mine on 27th April. It started in the morning, as a clear/colourless snot/semen and kept coming all day. The next morning it was brown and thick, I called the midwife to confirm it was normal to be really dark and she said you're OK. it kept coming until my baby was born 4 days later at 42 weeks 0 days on 1st May. So It came 4 days before and lasted until I gave birth, and changed colours many times. White- brown - red- white.

I avoided induction by a matter of hours!! If you're healthy and don't want to be induced...?

Say your prayers....have faith....WAIT!!!

Hope to have helped, Love Rachel, Luke, Elizabeth & Leah!!!

Mucho love from UK!!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

*bump*
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Little bits and pieces overvthe whole pregnancy. I dont remeber evervhaving a "show" although I assume it must have happened at some point?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234