• Vaginal birth (other intervention)

0 0%
  • Emergency c/s

2 66.67%
  • Empowered c/s

1 33.33%
  • Other

0 0%

thread: Was your VBAC a successful vaginal birth?

Apr 2010
    Brisbane, Australia

(Mods help) Was your VBAC a successful vaginal birth?

Hi mods, can we possibly add a poll to this to find out how many attempted VBAC's from the women in here ended in an emergency c-section vs a successful vaginal birth? I have read so many statistics and would like to get a real world example.

Last edited by glenny_c; November 13th, 2011 at 09:09 AM.

Jul 2008
    Queensland

Would like to see results too! I had a failed vbac I think you see lots of successful vbac stories on the forum but not a lot of failed vbac stories cause with me I don't really wanna talk about it much because it was so disappointing (understatement)!!!

Jan 2009
    Mooroopna

Would be good to see as well

Im like kitten, failed vbac

Nov 2008
    Melbourne, VIC

Just wanted to say - not failed VBACs girls! Successfully brought little people into the world, just not quite in the usual way Still happy healthy Mums and bubs

I am hoping to get my VBAC, but if I don't, it wont be from lack of trying - and bubs will be born regardless, no way I could love my kids more if they came out my lady bits.

Jan 2007

Mine ended in elective c/s after not going into labour after 14 days/42 so there might need to be a few scenarios/options.

WannabeMum Good luck hun!! Spot on - we birth a child regardless of where they come out. xoxo

Apr 2008
    Melbourne

It would be good to see! I had another emergency c/s after going into labour but rupturing. Maybe a poll that said VBAC, emergency c/s, non-emergency c/s What do you think?

Nov 2008
    Melbourne, VIC

assisted/unassisted vaginal? There could be 4 options I like the idea! Snap shot - also stats gathering where there is some limited data

Jul 2008
    Queensland

That sounds good - how to you get a poll up and running?

WM - I know it's not really a 'failure' as such I tried to VBAC and I truly I couldn't love my kids anymore than I do they are my everything (the vbac attempt doesn't effect my feelings towards them at all! I just hate myself!!!) sounds horrible but I can't change my feelings if I were to have another baby I would be trying for another vbac (if all is good with the pregnancy etc) I will never give up hope.

Oct 2008
    brisbane australia

i had 2 attempts at induction and finally had him with a heavily medicated unassisted vaginal delivery 15 days post dates, funny enough I am not as pleased as I thought I would be, I still feel as though I failed in a way as my body would not go into labour naturally and had an epidural most of the way, every time they turned off the syntocin I would stop contracting! yes I had a VBAC but I don't feel it was "successful" to the standard I had dreamed of for 10 months. I honestly feel c section recovery was easier as I can still hardly walk and have a lot of stinging down there and now have stress incontinence and roids!!! I don't feel emotionally healed like I imagined I would be

Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld

1 x unsuccessful vbac (elective c-section at 42 weeks due to health issues)
    2 x successful vba2c

Oct 2004
    In my Zombie proof fortress.

Went for a VBAC but due to a serious uterine infection ended up with an emergency c-section, so never got a chance to try.

BellyBelly Member

Nov 2004
    VIC

i had a successful VBAC
    you can read my story if you like
    i was so lucky and grateful to be able to have one

https://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums...ry-long-91722/

Add Jakabella on Facebook

Nov 2007
    in Love!

Successful VBAC here.