Thread: Cervical Scar Tissue - a big issue that no-one is talking about

Default Cervical Scar Tissue - a big issue that no-one is talking about

Not sure if this has already been discussed on BB but I read this story recently and found it very interresting. Certainly something to keep in mind if you're aware that you may have cervical scar tissue.
    Cervical Scar Tissue

Interesting blog.

thanks

Really interesting!

I shared that on FB last night, after you linked to it. A friend of mine has 2 gorgeous daughters, and both times she had normal home labours but ended up transferring for a csection - she says she cried reading the article, because she's sure the scar tissue was the only problem. Thank you for sharing!

wow maybe thats why my first labour failed and my 2nd was so long and needed so much intervention and I didn't dilate on my own over 4 days! I have had a D&C for a 13 week loss which was a bit harder for them to do apparently as my cervix is soooo far back and up coz of a retroverted uterus they had to use an extra long speculum! I will remember this next time! could be the answer to why I can't give birth without intervention. very interesting! will ask them next time!

How interesting! Thanks

Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

So interesting, thanks for posting! I started a thread ages ago about this because I wondered if it was the reason I had problems with both DD and labour not progressing, bub not engaging but I got to 9 cms and then stuck. With DS I never went into labour after 14 days post dates other than a few irregular contractions and wondered both times if it had something to do with LLETZ surgery, biopsies, and CIN II and CIN III cells as well as a D&C post m/c I had before I had before DD.

This is amazing!

Very interesting, should be something that should be talked about more.

I think that it would definitely be beneficial for this kind of thing to be discussed as standard during antenatal care. I had a friend who a few years ago was told by her ob that there was a fair chance her cervix would not dilate properly because of previous surgeries she'd had to remove cancerous cells. So the medical profession must know about this. Well some do at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really interesting. Thanks for sharing

Very interesting, thank you for sharing.
    It can also have the opposite effect and weaken the cervix, either way it is definitely something that should be discussed during antenatal care.
    I had lletz treatment for cinIII, it weaken my cervix and my last four babies have been born earlier than the last.