Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can somebody tell me about pre-eclampsia?

Hi Poopie, how was you appointment today with the Midwives?

Hope your BP is still ok

Being a previous PE sufferer and having DD at 31 wks, I'm interested to hear how your appt went today poopie?

Hope the BP is still ok?

Thanks for all your support!
    I got some bloods taken last night, and my bp seemed okay too, on the high side, but not terribly bad. The midwife that was on, didn't really know much, so I have another appointment tonight with the more experienced one. Im hoping she can give me some answers!
    The belly pain left me last night and I got my first nights sleep for aaaages(well at least it feels like it!)
    Will let you all know what they say tonight.

I am glad you are being checked, I am really surprised that the MW didn't really know what much about PE

I hope that tonights MW can give you some clearer answers, and a good nights sleep can also happen not long before labour, hopefully a few more days to go first
    If you at all feel concerned today go in and don't wait for tonight, take care xxoo

Hi there - I hope you are feeling better. I don't want to scare you, but I ended up with severe PE.

I had been for a check up at 40 weeks with OB - everything was perfect. Went into labour at 40+2 days but after 12 hours was not progressing so went in to get checked out at hospital. They took urine sample and BP and I had protein in the urine and my BP was through the roof. I was diagnosed with SEVERE PE - had to be induced to move things along, put on magnesium etc... unfortunately ended up with an emergency CS, but the main thing is that my baby and I are both alive and well.

My sister had sever PE also, but hers happened really early in her pregnancy - she ended up having to deliver her boy at 24+4 - he is a wonderful healthy 2 year old now.

I have always been advised that any change in your BP should be taken seriously - it is more about what is normal for you personally not what seems high if you know what I mean.

Good luck and I sincerely hope that it is not PE.

Janie xxx

Well the midwife yesturday blammed it on the uterus stretching, but she still wanted to keep a close watch on me, because she was a tad concerned. The pains in my chest, she said they were concerning because they stayed for a few days, and next time I am kept up at night from them then I must go in and see them. But because the pains left me for a day, then it couldnt be too bad.. yet..
    They checked my urine for protein and it was clear, but she also thought it could have been a uti because the pain had been affecting my kidney area too.. but I was all clear. My BP was back to normal, they said the increase could have just been the extra blood in the system So I'm hoping all goes well. I really would not like to get PE because I went onto the PE website and read some really sad stories.
    But midwife says i still could get PE, they just cannot detect it yet.
    Thanks everyone for supporting me through this

I hope all goes well for you over the next few days and weeks , PE is very scary and is something not to be taken lightly, I am so glad that thigns are looking good for you and that you now know what to look for and hopefully should it eventuate you will be prepared and aware.

Take care xxoo

is it possible to just swell in one hand with PE???

i'm 30wks tomorrow and ive woken up this morning with my right hand swollen i could only just get my ring off, it hurts to close my hand into a fist and i have that constant tightness feeling in my hand, I have no signs of anywhere else swelling so dont want to rush to the hospital if im just over reacting

any advice right now would be appreciated!

Hi Mizqtie

If you do not have any other symptons I would say that it is very unlikely to be caused by PE. The swelling in your hand is probably due to the position you were sleeping. Try exercising your hand and that should help with the swelling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12