Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding Beyond 12 months #2

Default Re: Breastfeeding Beyond 12 months #2

Totes normal Joeve. Doesn't make it less annoying though!

I will never stop breastfeeding. I'm sure of it. Ms 3 still comes running at every chance she gets. 1 yo is madly in love with the boob. I'm too lazy to stop boobing her to sleep, but I kind of want to. She won't settle for anyone else without a fight.

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Ahhh such peaceful feeding this week I'll be sad when this is over!

Haven't been in here for a while but with DD1 turning five in a week breastfeeding has been on my mind, she weaned long ago now but tandemed with DD2 so it signifies 5yrs of continuous feeding! DD2 turned 2 in January, still super keen on milkies so figure there's still another year at least yet. She's my last (she is she is she is) so enjoying it for as long as she will let me, will feel weird to not be feeding when it ends, I'm only 26 so 5yrs is quite the chunk! It is such a nice peaceful pause in our days and a relaxing way to watch her drift to sleep, she still gets so excited about it and it's a comfort to me knowing she is getting a nutrition injection no matter what else happens to make it into her mouth that day. I really enjoy it, even if most of my nights are spent with her attached constantly

still on the teaching contract roundabout

At the moment I'm having a "when will this be over" spell - ds2 (nearly 2 which is my goal) is driving me insane with the cluster feeding before bed - on off on off - and the seemly ridiculous number of wake ups over night - regularly 3-4 if not more. He won't take a bar of DH once he finally goes down for the night. Currently bedtime seems to be anywhere between 8 and 10pm doesn't help that I'm attempting a masters of education that requires me to study after boys are asleep but I'm not getting to Uni work because I need the sleep because I know ds2 will be up too often for me to function the next day.

Working on mummy milk is for bedtime/sleep time as when I'm home he seems to want me/milk all the time, thankfully he'll take cows milk in a cup as a distraction (but not at night). I'm just over the need mummy all day & night at the moment (not helping my stress levels)

Leckert im with you here.

As soon as dd2 sees me sfter work she is on the boob and nothing can detact her.

Sometimes i have to eat dinner with her still hanging off me!!!!!

Night time she is still waking up constantly for a comfort feed.

Am too having a when is this gonna end moment but at the same time feel sorry for her as she wont have any milk intake if i didnt bf due to her allergies.

10min into hysterical crying cause he's overtired and I took him off due to biting. DH not home this weekend so can't even get him settled down that way.

Eta typical as soon as I posted he went to sleep curled up to my back

Leckert, mum2, I feel your pain... The only reason we aren't in the same boat is that my MIL stopped the night wakings for me having DS2 for two nights. Many many hugs

Apparently I am not allowed to look at DS2 when he's feeding anymore... He pushes my chin and turns my head around

OP I have a cat who won't eat if anyone human or feline looks at him lol

Anyone missing those cute little milk drunk newborns? Lol tonight the head swivels were in full swing with ouch nipples left behind.

Oh yeah Jo, I do miss that. I managed to feed DS2 to sleep tonight, which was nice, he's not been doing that in a while. But he has started digging his teeth in when he feeds, which isn't nice. I tell him to be gentle and take him off when he's really hurting but it's like he doesn't even notice when he's doing it

Ouch! Then you get the imprints from the teeth
    Can I ask when you say feed to sleep what does that mean? Literally feed until he falls asleep?
    Sounds like a silly question but just wondering what the definition of it is.
    I said I was feeding DD to sleep but was corrected by someone because she's awake and alert (chatting or grizzling) when I put her to bed.

For me feed to sleep is feeding until the zzzz's appear and I can transfer ds2 to bed without him waking up although that seems to be on the way out here :'( I like doing that cause it's the easy way to put them to sleep (less stressful)

my feed to sleep is til child is completely asleep, and comes off or I take them off and then carry them to bed. wish it still worked on my older two.

For me, feeding to sleep is feeding them until they're completely asleep, and then leaving and they're still asleep. We cosleep, so I just lie us both down, and feed her until she's asleep, and that's it. Sometimes it's takes a few minutes, sometimes over an hour.

I'm a little over it now. DS is 2 1/2 and is down to just one feed before we get up properly in the morning but I'm getting a bit sick of it and he's been "hanging on" with his teeth a bit.......not biting just holding. It's not comfy and I've told him "no boobie juice unless you are gentle!"
    I am thinking of weaning but I love our morning snuggle.............I reckon I'll have to get up early when he wakes and start the day without taking him to my bed and sometimes getting another 45 mins sleep
    has anyone done this weaning gently?

Yep for me feed to sleep also means when they are completely knocked out. Takes me from 30 mins to 1hr for dd to feed to sleep and i cosleep with her.

Sometimes i think she is done sucking but when i pull my nipples out she wakes lol.

I usually have to wait until she rolls over herself which seems to take forever.

Most the time i fall asleep before she does!

Ohhh id love to know how to gentle wean dd2 too

Thanks everyone ok so most of the time I feed til drowsy lol but not asleep, the rest of the time I just feed!

kateo, my dd had one feed for quite awhile (it was before bed one) and then some days she would miss it, and then it was every 2nd night, and then roughly every 3rd night. on non-feed nights, she would just cuddle dh or i and fall asleep.

you could see if your little one just wants a snuggle without the breastfeed, or over time you might find he starts to drop it without you doing anything.

another method is to have a short feed, and then just cuddles.

Thanks for that. I am waiting for him to "just drop it" but I think he's making up for the time it took him to "get it" and hanging in there LOL.
    He does NOT want to just snuggle. It's either "boobies" or up and Go go go!!!
    I'd LOVE to have just a short feed........he's and expert latcher now.
    I think I may just have to be up and going from 5;30-6 each day. Oh well I'll get heaps done!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast