Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding Beyond 12 months #2

Default Re: Breastfeeding Beyond 12 months #2

Hugs Joeve but you did awesome going as long as you did.

So, tell me, how do I tell the difference between refusal and a wee girl who just can't be bothered sticking round for cuddles? G will literally feed for a few mins then constantly pull off until I get sick of it. This is coming from a girl who could hang out on the book all day given the opportunity. Is this her getting ready to wean or normal for an 18 month old? And how to deal with one twin ready to wean when her sister isn't but always wants a quick chew on a nipple when she sees E having a feed?

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Thanks
    I'm no expert but heres what is happening everyday from Wednesday up until and including tonight if I so much as showed DD my boob she bursts into tears and starts screaming. So I think I have nailed the refusal textbook definition I didn't want to give up if it was a phase but I'm convinced now it's not.

my breastfeeding journey is at an end, DS is 2 and a half and has finished feeding, still asks occasionally but the milk is disappearing and is just as happy with a cup of water and a "cuddle with de boobies". This is the first time I have weaned without a new pregnancy helping things along and I am a it sad that I have finished but also glad that I am not being touched all the time. I have been pregnant or breastfeeding (or both) for 9 years, I never thought in a million years that would be me.

Well done, kitten and Joeve!

We are at 2yr 5 mths and DS is still just having a morning feed. DS was quite sick this week with a viral rash so it was nice to be able to offer some extra feeds. I am pretty sure I'm ready to wean but so far he's showing no signs of wanting to do so. He still likes to "unwap da boobies"!
    I have been telling him he's a big boy now but he tells me he's still little and when he's big "like dad" he'll stop!

Well, I think it is time for me to say goodbye in here... DD hasn't had a feed for over 3 days, after weeks of only having one short (30 second) feed before bed anyway. I'm ready for her to wean. 2 years, 9 months and 3 days is well beyond my original goal of 2 years... and being pregnant and feeding has been not pleasant. I'm glad to have a bit of a break from feeding before new bubba comes along.

See you back here again in 2015!

We made it we made it!!!
    After my sad post about her being done the next day she had the snuffly nose and only mummies boobies could make her better! So she went back to 1 feed at night everyday I'm so glad to be here as I was not ready to stop feeding her.

Congrats Joeve and baby!

Great work Joeve, happy birthday to baby Joeve too xx

Great to hear, Joeve! Congrats on reaching this milestone.

Yay Joeve! I thought that may happen, DD was on again off again at that age and in fact earlier, but didn't want to push it in case your little one was off the wagon for good. But yay!

LL I really thought after 7 days of screaming at the sight of my boobs she was done. I wonder if she hadn't gotten sick if she would have stayed off? Anyway I'm very glad I kept expressing every night
    Thanks ladies

That's great to read Joeve!

Last night was a fussy feed and then it dawned on me she gave it up 4 weeks ago the first time.... AF is here again. Could this really cause all the crying and angry swatting at the boobs???
    She went to bed with about 60 seconds per side very upset and cranky.
    She woke at 1.30 crying and I went in and she fed better. She sleeps through normally.
    I definitely don't want to start overnight feeding again, slightly selfish but I'm back at work....

How are is everyone else going it's a bit quiet in here.... Please don't make me a thread killer.... Again rofl

DD1 always fed less and got grumpy and fussy when I got AF. Apparently it's not uncommon!

Not a thread killer love :-)
    we are good, just got through a rough patch with wonder week causing all night buffet and teething causing sore nipples- it was seriously the sorest my nipples have ever been even in the early days-was about to call ABA line but it has improved over the last few days, tooth is thru and nights have improved.

Does anyone else's baby feed standing up ( on my knees)? It's so embarrassing in public. Not looking forward to being stuck in an aeroplane seat on our long haul flight coming up with DDs gymnastics while feeding.

I think we're coming to an end, slowly... DS2 is down to one, two or three feeds a day, dependnig on various things. Always has his first thing in the morning feed, if I'm around he'll feed to sleep at lunchtime, then again if I'm around, before bed. But he's fine without me. Who knows, maybe he'll keep this up for a while yet!

Joeve that's really common, lots of mums find their baby gets a bit unsettled around AF. Hugs. Not too much fun!

Saffy, that flight could be interesting! My DS2 is happy lying down to feed at this stage.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast