Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding Beyond 12 months #2

Default Re: Breastfeeding Beyond 12 months #2

another alternative is to have a bottle of water and a banana or snack beside the bed for the morning. might fix thirst/hunger issues.

So 3 days shy of 20 months, misses E and G are having what is most likely their last feed. I am ridiculously sad about it

Oh of course you are, no wonder! You have done soooo well, what an inspirational mumma you are, big hugs xx

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Quote Originally Posted by *beannaithe* View Post
    So 3 days shy of 20 months, misses E and G are having what is most likely their last feed. I am ridiculously sad about it
    Great job mumma!

Quote Originally Posted by Joeve View Post
    Anyone missing those cute little milk drunk newborns? Lol tonight the head swivels were in full swing with ouch nipples left behind.
    Haha I get both! DD2 had a virus last Friday. Came on really quickly and all she wanted was to bf and lie around. 24 hrs and she was better - yay for bbs! Makes me glad we persisted. 26 mths so far.

What a great effort, bean!

Deep questions from DS tonight when feeding (he is 2.5) "Does Mo-Mo (his word for boobs/feeding) like spiderman? Mmm Does spiderman like Mo-Mo?"
    :-). He feeds most days morning and night and if I am not working and we are at home a feed before midday nap.

I'd be thinking Spiderman probably does

Quick q ladies.

Currently caught the flu/cold is it safe to take cold n flu tablets now that dd2 is 18months or still unsafe?

Thanks

I don't think so but I would check. I had a bad cold a few weeks ago and rang RWH pharmacy to check the cough medicine I wanted to take.
    I think the advice would still be take separate stuff for each symptom rather than a cold/flu tablet and check first.

Hope feel better soon, my cold was the worst I had had in years.

Short answer no... But some mums weigh up when baby is feeding, versus when they are taking medication, versus benefits of taking it... And decide yes. Up to you. Have a chat with a pharmacist maybe.

Thanks ladies. Decided not to take any meds as dd2 still feeds constantly

Went out to dinner with preschool mums last night (DD2 just started in the 2-3 yr old class) and would you believe it, one of them is bfing her 2 1/2 yr old as well! So strange to run into a mum bfing a toddler outside of ABA or homebirth groups. So nice though!

Popping my head in here. Ds4 is turning 1 on the 16th and it appears we wont be weaning anytime soon (which is part YAY and part oh god no). I fed my last son to 14mths but by 11mths he was alternating between cows milk in a sipper cup and breastmilk from mama. Ds4 wont take anything but water very occasionally from a sipper cup. Im happy to keep feeding in a lesser capacity for as long as he wants but Im having to head back to work soon and its frustrating me that he wont take any alternatives (and I cant pump to save my life). That and I dont know anyone who has fed beyond this point and had to contend with these issues.

If anyone has any advice Id love to know it!

Wow I can't believe he is almost 1!
    My DD won't do a bottle or sippy cup but I taught her to drink from one of those Tommy tipee bottles with the pop up straw. She drinks water and cows milk from it easily now. It took time and a lot of her watching me for her to get the hang of the straw.
    I am back at work and DD has just 1 night feed a day now.
    I was where you are in December as DD would only drink from me. She got the hang of it and a one week booby strike, while sad at the time was a bit of a blessing as it got us to the routine we have now and it's working.
    Good luck!

Woohoo Freya! DD wasn't keen on ebm at all, but just had water and solids during the day from 9 months when i returned to work part time. No need to express if you don't want to. I tried a heap of different cups, but in the end an open cup, the cheap 'take n toss' cups or a basic cup with a strawer were most successful. i think i also tried moew water foods to get fluids in (yogurt, watermelon...) sometimes kids will take alternatives when mum s not there that they won't when they are with you.

I think my BF days are at an end - DS (who turns 3 in July) hasn't had a feed in a week. I am quite comfortable finishing - had been down to one feed for a while and he often would go days without.

That's an amazing effort wysiwyg! Well done!! Don't forget those weaning hormones - they can make you a bit emotional xx

Amazing wysiwyg!!!! Congrats on the huge accomplishment!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast