Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding Chatter #18

Default Breastfeeding Chatter #18

Hello all!

This thread has been created as a general chatter thread for those who are breastfeeding their babies. It's designed for those who want to support each other in their breastfeeding journey, however long that may be. So let's start a cheersquad for all those who would like to support one another, for as long as they decide to breastfeed.

To view the previous thread, please click here.

Some other useful breastfeeding websites include:

Australian Breastfeeding Association
    KellyMom (USA)
    Australian Lactation Consultants Association
    Find an LC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultants)

Oo new thread!

Dd won't even try and latch on now without the shield. Guess its normal now!

Doesn't matter, as long as she's getting yummy mummy milk

Do you feel ok about it little_o? Sounds like it works for you guys this way

I think I've come to terms with it now. Apart from making is harder when we're out to feed, it is ok. I have no pain of mastitis and she is gaining weight fine.

Just really would like to be able to bf normally for the next one.

Little_O you can always try starting the feed with the shield and slip it off later, or maybe when bub is more sleepy seeing if she will take the breast without the shield. Do you bath together? A bath has been my go to for any feeding issues, sometimes the skin to skin and relaxation of the water will encourage a bub to feed when they may not otherwise.

How many feeds should DS be having?? He's just over 7 months and has dropped his feeds a lot. He has 3-4 feeds (2 short, 2 longer feeds) during the day and 3-4 during the night.

He loves his solids so much. I have no probs with him weaning if he wants to. I'm kinda exhausted by the breastfeeding thing, as much as I love it.

anyone been under GA while breastfeeding? Having a procedure in the next 2-3 months and I'll be knocked out, so just looking for experiences.

No experience re the GA but DD cut back feeds around then for us too if I remember correctly. I'm pretty sure it's normal- plus that's still a lot if feeds over 24 hours!

Thanks
    He's just changed so much from Mr Constantly Attached to OMG-I-love-food-and-not-boob

The nights feeds are mainly because he doesn't know how to settle himself and needs boob. He doesn't feed to sleep during the day. He's too busy!

So you're still doing 6-8? That sounds fine. If he's growing and doing what he should developmentally, then it's probably fine. Enjoy the break.
    The GA should be fine - just speak to your carers about it. The drugs they use are often same/similar to those used during a C/S so it's generally not an issue. Hope all goes smoothly.

Default Re: Breastfeeding Chatter #18

just found this thread. we are stil ploding along. had a bad week last weej with the no sleep thing...we are back to just constant wakings now rather than constant wakings and then hours crying/only happy having cuddles in the middle of the night.
    shes stil biting but not so much...but I think its a game for her cause she cracks up laughing afterwards. but im a pro now at what she looks like and how her mouth feels on me just before she does it.
    you should continue to bf after the ga. like pp said if a woman has a ga for csec they can still bf. I would express a bit first tho jic you personally dont feel like it eg too uncomfortable, pain etc.

Ive started giving Spock weetbix for breaky, (instead of toast), and was mixing it with yoghurt, but we ran out this morning, so I thought I would use some EBM instead, but all mine was frozern (and i didn't think to get it out of the freezer last night....) so I had her in her chair, gave her a banana whilst I sat an pumped a little for her weetbix. she was fasinated!! she kept looking at it and making her 'oh' sounds that she does when she is 'talking' about something. her face was so cute, she KNEW it was milk in the bottle, and at first looked worried like...wheres my milk going? and then she was so curious about it. was so cute.
    she didnt eat much weetbix though...i think she likes it better with yoghurt =P

Ive started giving Spock weetbix for breaky, (instead of toast), and was mixing it with yoghurt, but we ran out this morning, so I thought I would use some EBM instead, but all mine was frozern (and i didn't think to get it out of the freezer last night....) so I had her in her chair, gave her a banana whilst I sat an pumped a little for her weetbix. she was fasinated!! she kept looking at it and making her 'oh' sounds that she does when she is 'talking' about something. her face was so cute, she KNEW it was milk in the bottle, and at first looked worried like...wheres my milk going? and then she was so curious about it. was so cute.
    she didnt eat much weetbix though...i think she likes it better with yoghurt =P

So cute! Took DD a while to get the hang of wheat bix too, we also used yoghurt first up. now she loves it wit her cow milk and its my stand by for the days when she won't eat anything else.

Aw cute! I went through a time when I couldn't pump at work and had to do it when I got home. DD would get so annoyed that it wasgoing in the bottle and not to her! Now she loves to pretend to use it on herself and her teddies!

Lol Teeki at dd being jealous!

Dd won't even take ebm. You'd think she would LOVE plastic teats....

Question!! Dd is going off solids. Not very interested anymore and quite happy just with milk. Even when she eats, she never drops a feed. My mum is stressing about it (or stressing me..). She says she should be eating heaps more solids.

Do I need to worried? Will she be fussy? Or is she just fussy?

How old is she again? (On Tapatalk and can't see sig.) If she's under one I really wouldn't stress, she's getting what she needs from your breastmilk. Even older than that, if she's still getting plenty of milk it'd take a bit for me to worry. Even now DD will decide she doesn't want dinner, but she might have had a big lunch and she always has a big feed before bed so I'm ok with it.

She's not going to starve herself, I'd not worry too much, and just reassure your mum that your DD knows exactly what she needs and she's choosing where to get it

Default Re: Breastfeeding Chatter #18

Spock is the same little _o and she is 9mths (well will be in a couple of days). and we found she is sleeping better the less she eats. I figure before 1 its all good. shes not dehydrated and she nice and plump and reaching all milestones so we are just going with it.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast