Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding Chatter #18

Congratulations BAL

Hang in there Joeve. Everything is hard in the early weeks and it all gets easier with a bit of time. Do you have help and support?

Default Breastfeeding Chatter #18

So many awesome BF mamas in this thread!! BAL, you are awesome!

Joeve - how's everything going? Do you have any questions or anything? The first few weeks can be really tough - hang in there!

Joeve- BF is honestly the hardest thing I have done (apart from the obvious), but by far the most rewarding.. I got through by surrounding myself with people that encouraged me to keep going.. I really hope you have support.. Please ask for help if you need it. The amount of times I have cried and vented to people is crazy.. I also found setting small goals worked.. Sometimes it was literally one day at a time. I'd tell myself "I'll stick it out today and see what happens tomorrow"

Thanks everyone, I am really proud we made it this far.

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Thanks everyone. Yes I have support and I feel blessed to have lots of BB girls from my belly group supporting me.
    We are feeding ok, my nipples have been super sensitive my whole life so I find it hard to clench my teeth as she attaches but once let down happens the pain goes.
    I am trying to express as well so DH can help and she is a champion at going between breast and bottle. I find just one ebm bottle gives my nipples a little rest as expressing is not painful at all. However if I try to give her that one bottle she gags and chokes and I panic... A whole other thread I am sure.
    Thanks for the support everyone I am just reading back through the thread and I am sure I will have tonnes of questions as I feel clueless about BF. xx

I've made it over 8 months! Nothing compared to BAL who deserves the world's biggest medal xox

I'm just so happy with how far I've made it. All the tears and frustration and pumping with DD and being bone dry by 8w PP, then having DS and all the fears. But we have had ZERO issues, apart from the occational stress and worry. I had a blocked duct a few weeks ago but a call to ABA helped me out. It was painful! Every letdown I would have to bite down on a pillow and moan. It was nearly worse than early days!!

DS is having between 3-5 feeds during the day and 1-4 during the night. I'm still hanging out to reach 12 months, and I've already been told to put him on formula because I have a big commitment coming up which means I'll be out 2 nights a week. It's not much compared to you working mummies, but I've never been away from DS for more than 15 minutes, and he was sleeping when I did that.

He's such a good bub. Doing things DD wasn't doing til 18months and just being a generally happy little man. Except, he's a bit of a biter. I have bruises on my arms from him and he only has 2 teeth.

But yeah, just popping in to have a Woo Hoo to Me about breastfeeding and my son

Aww thanks Char You have done so well.. We all have, BF is not easy for so many of us. Sometimes I wonder how it can be so hard!!

Blessed that's also awesome- I find BB mamas so inspiring.

Joeve hello gorgeous! I was hoping you'd poke your head in here. can I say, BF was super challenging for me in the early couple of months in particular. In fact I know a lot of mamas here have had big and small challenges with BF. it will get easier i promise.

Hi all! It's been ages since I popped in but here we are still going strong at 14 mths. DD2 still has a couple of bfs overnight, but I'm fine with our rhythm and she's not a wakeful, hard to settle girl. Likes her booby milk more than DD1 did at this age!

Well done to Char and BAL!!

A couple of weeks ago DD2 had a few intensive all night bfing sessions when she wasn't well. It was not long after I o'ed, but AF is still absent and I wondered if anyone else has had this? I am confident of my O date and AF is at least three days past my longest cycle ever (so at day 40). I'm usually as predictable as clockwork, 30-32 day cycle. AF returned about six mths ago and has been regular ever since. Negative pg test this morning and not feeling pg. Thoughts?

Hmm not sure Jen. I've heard AF can still be a bit irregular while BF. is the extended feeding a sign of up the duffness for breastfeeding mothers?

Maybe you almost Od but the feeding stopped full follow-through?

Default Re: Breastfeeding Chatter #18

jen - maybe just the increased feeding put it off? I can't work it all out - last time af returned at 3 months pp despite ds feeding 2 hourly around the clock and this time is all over the place despite a similar feeding pattern

BAL and Charlotte -.congrats to both of you, you're both very inspiring

just under 3 weeks until dd turns 1. fastest 12 months ever!

i've gone the other way, last cycle was only 20 days. Wondered if it was implantation at first but pretty sure it is full AF. i had been pretty regular til now.

DS still feeding well at almost 14 months. DD is slowing down her feeds. She went 5 days without one, then had one before bed, then another 3 days no feed. She asked for one tonight but i am on my own so she has to wait for ds to get to sleep first. (i am feeding him now).

ihave a wedding on saturday and my frock is not very bfing friendly. Will see how i go, ds wil l prob be too distracted to feed anyway but just have to worry about my bursting. Am taking my pump just in case.e33`

I'd say the change in feeding patterns changed you around jen. I think =P

You know my favourite thing about bf. I do love those middle of the night feeds. just now, I went in an bf Spock, we sat there in the dark together. neither of us could see eachother, but we could feel eachother and smell eachother. i played with her hair (the whole inch she has), and she reached up and felt my face, and my neck and my chest. was such a special quiet moment. she feel asleep but I couldn't bring myself to put her down in bed. i just wanted to cuddle her for ever.

I saw an ad for a piece of crazy 'must have' (not!) baby equipment. It was marketted as a feeding and nursing table, and was a basket that rocked and held baby so mum didn't have to when she was feeding baby. supposedly for both breast and bottle feeding, but i can't see how it would be helpful for either.

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Nawww thats so sweet! I love your Spock she sounds beautiful x
    I found today a good bf day! I just looked at her little face and jaw working away and was overcome with love.

I had a lovely moment like that tonight too T. Really trying to enjoy these night feeds!

Jen, not sure? Try another test in a few days maybe??

HotI, have a great time at the wedding! I took DS1 to a wedding when he was young, bought a special feeding dress and then he hardly fed until very late at night, find really need a new dress!!
    So, not an implantation bleed, was there a chance it might have been??? Does that mean...?

DD is almost 13 months and is asserting full ownership of my boobs for the first time. If she's feeding (and I've learned this is a sign she's pretty much finished) she will stop on one side and try to get at the other side. If she has access to lefty and righty she will take a few sips from one then switch, then back etc. And if she can sneak her little paw in, she loves to gently touch the opposite nip while she's drinking from the other. It's like a soothing movement I think. And today for the first time she aggressively tried to open my top to get at them even though it wasn't mama milk time. I'm Not sure how I feel about any of the above actually. Cute and funny on one level but on another level it irks me, sad but true. They're mine!

Ps TT40 that's glorious. I love how they touch your face almost unconsciously when feeding. I used to love DD's little windscreen wiper arm when she was littler- her free arm would swish across my chest from one side to the other like a windscreen wiper.then she went through a phase of always touching my lips and mouth.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast