Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding Chatter #18

2 weeks til DS turns 1 and still no go with milk. He's so stubborn. It is driving me nuts, he still gets rocked to sleep usually after a feed. But, all of a sudden, it's feed to sleep or screaming. I don't want him to cry for the boob, but I just want to stop breastfeeding so badly but it just isn't working. He just yells, slaps, screams, spits out milk until I get a boob out.

Spock has completely refused right boob all day... feeding fine off left. any ideas why? tia

could she have slept funny? her neck maybe out and causing her pain on that side?

How are her ears, hun?

she could have pain... i have a cold so maybe shes getting it....hmmm

Her nose may be a bit blocked, or her ears, making it uncomfortable to lie down. Try football hold on that bb. And a vaporiser!

thanks!! never thought to do football, might try that because poor Righty is feeling very full...

No poos for 11 days now. DS seems fine and can have 4-7 days between poos. Normal? When should I be concerned?
    1 week until he is 6 months old. Getting a little anxious about introducing solids, silly really, I was the same with DD.

forum gremlin!

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Dusty we have started going 4 days between poos here too. The farting warm up to the poo is dreadful!!!

Have you tried a little infants friend? I found that sometimes encouraged dd a little.

Although someone else will probably remember exactly how long is ok between poos for a completely bf baby.

On a different note, does anyone know if your milk drops when pregnant? Dd seems to self weaning, like she still loves it but doesn't demand it all the time now and when she drinks it doesn't seem like she is getting much?

Yep, breastmilk supply often drops during pregnancy. Some Mums and bubs find they can continue through the pregnancy, but other times one or the other or both just can't continue.

I found with DD that if she had less feeds on one day, it was really hard the next day to get back to the previous level.

There is a thread somewhere on breastfeeding through pregnancy. There are a few BBers doing it at the moment so maybe worth bumping.

5 months today! Go boobies! Lol
    On a more serious note I am finding over the past week or so many people are making comments about when am I going to wean her. It feels a bit "pressured". Not sure if that's the right word.. But it's almost like I get the feeling that people think 6 months is the deadline so I should be getting ready for that. We haven't started solids yet

Yay Jo! Wonderful!! The weaning questions are so common around 6 months. Have a look at the baby spoons you buy from supermarkets etc - they are called "weaning spoons"!

Tell people to mind their own business

Default Breastfeeding Chatter #18

Hi ladies!
    Just a question, is it normal to have a burning sensation after finished feeding?
    DD is 9 weeks and we have had latch issues earlier and supply dropping due to us nothing having colds, and this sensation has started after that.
    Joeve - yay for 5 months! I'd tell people when DD can ask for milkies then I'll wean her!! That should shut them up!

I second what OP said. ask them why it makes a difference for them

somehow I have no idea how I have a massive scratch right down the center of my nipple =(. I noticed it last night when I took my bra off, so was no where near Spock, so don't know if she did bite me at some point...

so I guess ebm on it?

Finally, a use for all my maternity clothes that have breastfeeding access! Who knew I'd have a whole wardrobe for breastfeeding while pg. Lol

Since I only ever wore these while pg, I often wondered what the point was allowing access afterwards.

It's weird that people are so nosey! It's not like it's any if their business you are right
    Jennifer I thought the same thing about my maternity tops, although I do wear some of my tshirts as pjs now!

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast