Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding Chatter #18

Default Re: Breastfeeding Chatter #18

yesterday we climbed The Rock (epic, killed me cause I had Spock on my back), but first thing we did when we got tobthe top was have a bf. I got my brother to take a photo of us.
    bf on top of the world
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/31/ty6ygamy.jpg

Default Breastfeeding Chatter #18

That's so great TT40! Love the photo.

what a beautiful photo!

dd turned 1 yesterday. I can't believe how quickly the year has gone and how stress-free bfing has been. I was pretty lucky with ds too but there were none of the nerves this time

Beautiful.

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Love that photo!! Go you!

A guy at work whose wife just had a baby created what he believes is the best combination of galactagogue herbs, better than anything on the market. He said he's been making it as a tea and an iced tea for his wife in litres and now he has plans to create it as a product and sell it because of how effective it was!

Putting baby to the breast, and lots of skin to skin are the best galactogogues I know!

I definitely agree! I just love how passionate he is because it helped his wife and he thinks he has something that could help lots of other breast feeding mums as well

Quote Originally Posted by HotI View Post
    Putting baby to the breast, and lots of skin to skin are the best galactogogues I know!
    Agree 100% - and yet our friend Pinky, normally on the money, is selling "boobie bikkies"! What's that all about!!

I say good on him for helping his wifey. Some mums do find substance galactagogues actually help... Some mums don't Whatever works and helps with bf is all good in my book!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

OP, the struggle people like Pinky and I face, is that while we want to help all the people we possibly can, we need to feed our families to cover the cost of being 'out there' and hopefully be comfortable too.

We get an endless supply of money being thrown at us from unethical businesses - formula etc. its a very slim list that want to part money with you who our audiences (and us) are okay with.

Pinky has copped flack from people in the industry. She offers great info and support. But its also a very sensitive topic being shot down for trying to find a gentle, ethical, agreeable way to live and do what we love.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

I love Pinky. When DD was tiny and I was pulling my hair out not knowing what to do (read:not trusting my instincts) I came across Pinky's books and everything she wrote about paralleled directly with what I felt I wanted to do but felt guilty that it would cause bad habits etc. anyway I digress but wanted to say there is nothing wrong from earning money from something you are good at, something you love, and something that helps people. That's the best kind if business I think. Not trying to start a debate, just say'n

No debate intended, all good! Poor Pinky has been attacked by other IBCLC's in her organisation, on her FB page... Unlike the US, Aussie authors don't get loads of money per book sold. You really have to have various income streams to make money and ideally you dont just want to be an online store, but provide great info too.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

Hi ya ladies!!

Hoping to join you all on this wonderful journey of breastfeeding ..... Have had a an up and down journey so far with little miss, having mastitis 6 times! But have toughed it out- but felt like a bit of a failure because I should know what I am doing with the 3rd one!! Anyways I love it and this little one being my last, I hope to continue for as long as she wants it!!

Pinky has always seemed like a lovely person and I certainly don't begrudge her a living. I don't have any problem with lactation cookies - the worst they can do probably is make you fat - it's just the implied message that mothers may get about the fragility of their supply that concerns me. I am guessing that Pinky is aware of this, however.

Yes totally understand that (and getting fat hehe!). She does have some great articles on things like: 'Is my baby hungry?' and 'do I have enough milk,' which cover it. Maybe she could include it with her orders?
    Kelly xx

Oh don't get me wrong, I love Pinky too. The NCSS was so refreshing after trying to figure out that book by the one we DON'T like, when I had my DD. I've heard Pinky speak at Expos and love her work.

Kelly that's a really good point about income streams. At the end of the day she is trying to make a living doing something she loves and is passionate about - but can be quite divisive. I'm not surprised she's copped flak.

I also know of a few people, anecdotally, who have had success with lactation cookies, and other galactagogues.

Ultimately, as I said above, if it helps women successfully bf, all good with me.

Chepie, welcome!! Mastitis six times, eeep!! Not good! Good on you for persevering - well done

still on the teaching contract roundabout

Slight change of topic - those if you who've had mastitis, I've heard you can get really red streaks along the breast for some blocked ducts. I seem to have a nice thick red wiggly line across my right side starting at a spot right at the side, along where the internal sling strap thingy on my bra sits, nearly in my armpit. The spot is slightly sore but only if I press on it to massage it. It looks like it could be a mossie bite almost without the itch, it's slightly raised. I've not got a temp or feeling under the weather (except for my hayfever). I only noticed the line and then the spot after my shower this morning, I can't say I saw it before then but I wasn't really awake as DS2 hadn't been overly nice overnight (more with going to sleep at the start than through the night).
    I've massaged the spot when expressing today just in case and the line seems less bright tonight. However, I'm not sure if it was from the shower puff thing I use with my shower gel or the start of mastitis, hence the essay. DS2 has fed a fair bit tonight, only a bit more than normal. (he fed a ridiculous amount for him between 5 & 10pm last night).

Main question is: does the mastitis lines go wiggly or straight? I always thought they were straight but I may be naive as this may be the first time I've encountered it in my 3 years of feeding (I haven't changed bra styles in that time either)

I think if it tender you should keep an eye on it. make sure that breast is getting drained properly etc. . not sure re wiggly vs straight lines, is it like a vein? I picture wriggly lines being an infection tho but I haven't had it myself (only once got feverish and a small bruise on one boob that lastest less than a day)

we are now on hour two of comfort sucking....shes asleep but wobt let go of me!!

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast