Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Breastfeeding when pregnant Chatter Thread

Default Re: Breastfeeding when pregnant Chatter Thread

tubbles - im not sure about the breast tissue changing, but I found that one week my boobs would be ok, the next really sore while ds was feeding. no lumps though. good job on breast feeding as long as you have & I get what you mean about being self conscious. even though my ds is only 18 mths I get comments.

peace - hi! I am going well now, ds has just weaned this last week! I couldn't have asked for it to have gone any better, or at a better time. I feel very lucky with how its all turned out. he just seemed to not be too bothered about it for a couple of days, then I just started putting him to bed without it & he did ask half heartedly but I just said we would have it later & he seemed content with that & went to sleep! I was amazed really. im happy bc it means a break for me until the next one comes in july/august. and he's happy, which is the main thing.
    at the start of this pregnancy, it was quite ouchy with ds feeding too, I remember thinking 'I wont be able to do this much longer', but then it eased a bit, then gradually it was fine. hopefully you'll start feeling better soon & the pain will go away. xx

My right breast doesn't seem to make much milk at the moment but it seems like it's harder than my left. Should I be trying to get DS to feed off it even though he complains of no milk?

No idea tubbles? I hope someone else can she'd some light on that. If not, maybe the aba?

Andie I'm so happy for you and great to hear it's all going well. Sounds like you and ds ended your bfing journey really gently and easily and when he was ready which is awesome.

Of course, the ABA! Haha. I'll get in touch with our counsellor.

And Andie, I think that is how I dream for our weaning to go! I'm crossing all my fingers and toes for it to go so smoothly.

thanks, peace. xx

I'll cross my fingers for you too, tubbles. :-)

Ds has been cutting down his feeds for weeks now. And now he hasn't fed or asked to feed for 2 whole days and nights. This is the end isn't it... but also
    I feel teary but I'm so over feeding him and i want him to stop. But I'm sad. But he's self weaning which is just exactly how it should happen and how I hoped it would.
    Weaning emotions are odd.

It's a bit confronting when they decide to stop, all of a sudden you realise that they aren't little babies anymore...! It sounds like it is happening in a stress free way though which is great. You will get to do it all again soon enough. ;-)

I had the same peace. My little girl just stopped one day and, while I was planning to try and wean her so I had a small break between her and the new bub arriving, I was completely devastated. I couldn't explain the emotions especially because I was going to try for the same result.

Yes! Even though I hoped he would wean himself when he was ready, I'm surprised he is. I didn't expect him to.
    Anyway he has gone to bed tonight without it again tonight. We cosleep so he cuddles lots and wakes up to snuggle in closer and go back to sleep instead of having a boobie. So I'm grateful to still be getting lots of closeness with him while getting a little bfing break between babes. And I'm happy we got to 21 months.
    I'm just teary when I think about it and i keep getting pangs of guilt like this is my fault. Even though he is self weaning at nearly 2 and I know that's just his normal progression. He's calling it.
    wahh hormones.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011