Thread: Cows milk at 10 months?

Default Cows milk at 10 months?

My DD is almost 10 months and has started daycare 3 days per week as I'm back at work. She'll usually be there 7am to 5pm Cows milk at 10 months? When at home she is still breastfeeding regularly but she really only tolerates formula at daycare (using Bellamy's organic - the only one she'll actually drink at all) and it takes all day to get 180ml into her (20/30mls at a time) . - using a silicone spout sippy cup. She is eating well and drinking water. By the time I pick her up she is desperate for a bf...

Today she found a Tupperware sippy cup of cows milk that my 3 yo DS2 had abandoned and she was gulping it down. I put some in her usual cup and she was loving it! So my question is, as long as I'm not replacing the breastfeeds she would normally have, is it ok for her to have cows milk at daycare or at home if I'm not around? She happily eats custard/yoghurt/ice cream so I'm not worried about dairy allergies etc.

Default Re: Cows milk at 10 months?

I would go for it. Can't see any reason why not if she is still getting the same amount of BM that she would get otherwise.

Yes I would go for it too. I am fairly sure the only reason they say wait till 12 months is otherwise it displaces breastmilk but if just using it instead of formula for when is at daycare or at home I wouldn't see it as a problem. (I would perhaps give daycare some sort of limit as to how much milk they give her - just so you can keep an eye on it if it seems to start effecting breastfeeds, but personally I would choose to give cows milk rather than the formula if she isn't really enjoying it)

Thanks ladies Cows milk at 10 months?