Thread: EBM storage

Default EBM storage

I don't know what to do! Ds8 months has been at daycare now for two months and takes very minimal BM during the day. I am sending 200mls in a bottle and 90mls for his cereal/solids during the day.

I am pumping twice a day at work and taking home atleast. 450mls. I don't want to stop pumping as DS still feeds on my days off but I'm running out of freezer space to store the milk. I have already purchase a seperate freezer from when I was pumping for ds1 (he drank it tho!) but with two kids and daycare lunches etc... I also needs freezer space for frozen meals etc..

I just don't know what to do with the left overs?... Hubby says to throw it "it doesn't cost anything so why does it matter?" But that just seems wrong...

Any suggestions?

Default Re: EBM storage

There is s facebook group - human milk for human babies where you can donate to people. I gave some of my stash to a lady who struggled to breastfeed her first two, but wanted to give her third as much breastmilk as she could. It was a nice feeling knowing it was going to use rather than being thrown away. Some people ask you to have blood tests before they will take your milk (understandably) but not everyone. I think the groups are set up according to which state you live in, so just choose the right group

Thanks my turn I'll look into it

You could donate, yes, what a lovely idea.
    You could also simply pump what you need to to feel comfy and you'll find your supply adjusts accordingly, while still having enough on the other days (breasts are very clever like that).