View Poll Results: Did this recipe help your breastmilk supply?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • I baked them and my supply increased

28 84.85%
  • I ate the dough and my supply increased

10 30.30%
  • I baked them and didn't notice a difference

4 12.12%
  • I ate the dough and didn't notice a difference

2 6.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lactation Cookies Recipe - Increase Breastmilk Supply

Mmmm.... these cookies sound yummy AND it sounds like most people find them effective!

Interesting about the vit B. I have also heard that the oats have a role in the act as well. who knows? But they're seriously yum. I have to fight DH for them off the tray! He's willing to burn his mouth to get to them.

Does anyone know if these are fine to eat while pregnant and breastfeeding? I still fight to keep up any supply for my 17 month old and 'yummy' ideas are always welcome, lol. I like the sound of eating the dough, but I'll give that a miss because of the egg in it.

Looking forward to making these - thanks for sharing.

Is it plain flour or SR flour? Also I am planning to make gluten free so will use GF flour.........anyone done this before? How much extra liquid had to go into them to compensate?

Thanks in advance

I used plain flour because it had baking powder in it. I also added banana to mine which would have made it more liquidy, but even then when I made a second batch I added extra water. I found that without the extra water they stayed quite "fat" whereas I prefer them to flatten out a bit and be a bit soft when they are done

YUM! I made these today!! Anyone know when we start to feel the effects (if at all)?

Thanks
    Sue x

my first batch, I had more milk by 3am.

Advice: do not add ground fenugreek unless you have some serious sugar to counteract the bitter flavour! I wasted a whole batch.

I didn't feel like I had more milk.....I wonder if I made them wrong? Does it matter how long you cook them for etc etc? Could I put more of the active ingredients in there?

Quote Originally Posted by starangelk View Post
    I didn't feel like I had more milk.....I wonder if I made them wrong? Does it matter how long you cook them for etc etc? Could I put more of the active ingredients in there?

Same here

Quote Originally Posted by ~ Mylitta ~ View Post
    Does anyone know if these are fine to eat while pregnant and breastfeeding? I still fight to keep up any supply for my 17 month old and 'yummy' ideas are always welcome, lol. I like the sound of eating the dough, but I'll give that a miss because of the egg in it.
    :yeahthat: I'm not BF at the moment but will it help now for when bub arrives? Again obviously not raw because of the egg!

SAK - I found best results when I ate lots of the raw dough. I've been into the Fenugreek & Milk Thistle tablets lately (plus extra expressing) & that's been going well.

As for beign pg - just eat them cooked (maybe cook until they're soft, not crunchy?).

I don't understand how these could work

I just made another batch. Lets see if they work this time. Am taking them to my ABA meeting

mmmmm.... I made dried apricot and white chocolate, yummy!! I reckon they work, I seem to have more milk in the feed after I eat a few?? If nothing else, they have provided me with something tasty to eat on hectic days where preparing morning tea or lunch just seems too hard - I've even had them for brekky as I run out the door. The recipe makes approximately 56 987 cookies... they keep well though!

Just put the first batch in the oven.. Interested to see if they work. The dough is yummy!!!

Is it okay to freeze the dough? It makes alot of cookies!! lol
    Last edited by eza; March 1st, 2011 at 09:29 PM.

Thinking of trying a batch today, Amelia's been feeding non-stop the past few days and it's hell on my nipples after she's drained both sides!

Eza - my LC has me on 6-8 cookies a day, which really is only 10 days worth of cookies (less if your family eats them!)
    I find they get eaten too quickly to go soft!!!

I also add in macademia nuts or raisins for variety.

Yum, even if these dont work for me, they will go down a treat with a nice cuppa!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast