View Poll Results: Did this recipe help your breastmilk supply?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • I baked them and my supply increased

28 84.85%
  • I ate the dough and my supply increased

10 30.30%
  • I baked them and didn't notice a difference

4 12.12%
  • I ate the dough and didn't notice a difference

2 6.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lactation Cookies Recipe - Increase Breastmilk Supply

Do it WMM! You'll definitely be invited back

So what's everyones verdict do they really boost supply - I've always had supply issues now have to feed two soon so researching EVERYTHING!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yum,you've made me hungry.
    I will have to give these a go.
    Thanks Kelly.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Okay I made a poll, I don't know how scientific it will be since you are probably all eating varying quantities - 1 bowlful or 3 LOL. But just something to get an idea.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

i made them yesterday as the last week i noticed they havent been 'restocking' so to speak, dd was weighed and only put on 100g in 9 days, her earlier gain was 350 in 10days.
    i ate the dogh and a boot load of cookies, and they were almost bursting this morning and bub was boobie drunk for the first time all week at each feed today, so im going with a yes for them working.

baked cookies or raw dough they increased my milk supply i've successfully fed my son EBM for 6months

They work!!

But obviously I cant read the recipe, coz I forgot the brown sugar! Still taste good though!

It's difficult to measure how much milk DD is getting and I have supply issues after breast reduction surgery. Generally, DD has 6-8 BF's a day (plus cluster feeds in the evening) and around 200-250mls of formula per day. I baked the cookies last night and have eaten about six (smallish) cookies today as well as a couple last night and some of the batter. I did go pretty heavy on the flaxseed and the brewer's yeast! Anyway, Today DD has refused any more than about 60mls total of formula and has been very settled after a breast feed. Lots of 'milk mouth' when she pulled off today (oooh... I love that milk mouth!) and she also didn't cluster feed as much this evening and has now nodded off to sleep, hopefully for the night!

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that I'm pretty sure my supply has increased today and the only thing I have done differently is eat the cookies... so I reckon they work!!

just a quick question - I haven't been able to find any flaxseed meal down my way, got one more place to check for it on wedesday, is there anything that I can use instead of the flaxseed if the last place I'm going to doesn't have it either?

I think that the flaxmeal is one of the things that make it work? Not sure of a replacement, sorry. Fingers crossed you get your hands on some.

I got mine in my Healthy Life shop. Maybe try ordering online if you can't find any?

LSA mix - you can get that in the healthfood section of coles & woolies. It's ground almond, sunflower & linseed (which is flaxseed).

Going to give these a go when I get out of hospital

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MammaSue - Thanks darl

Entreat - Thanks heaps, I walked right past it the other day thinking "they have every kind of meal except one labelled with flaxseed" lol Now I'll be able to mke them tomorrow afternoon! FXed they work, I want to cut out the extra FF we've had to add and try to get back down to only 2 FF's again

I think I was told that the brewer's yeast was the key, and that you can just chuck it in with OJ or whatever and drink it like a tonic ... maybe call your local lactation consultant and ask?

they only worked with the first batch on me but there still yummy.

yeah, I found the impact was less & less each batch. But at almost 11 months, I think our supply is steady by now!

I made a batch yesterday morning, I've had to get up this early to express, I woke up feeling very full and leaky and uncomfortable!! So they have definately made a difference

I going to make these today! Mmmmm

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast