Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motilium - Low milk supply

Default Re: Motilium - Low milk supply

Quote Originally Posted by BellyBelly View Post
    Here's BellyBelly's article on Motilium for supply:

Motilium & Breastfeeding - Using Motilium to Boost Milk Supply

There are also a load of great articles in our breastfeeding section!

Breastfeeding Articles - All About Breastfeeding on BellyBelly
    Thank you

How are you going Hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove View Post
    How are you going Hope?
    Hi
    I'm overall doing ok, there are ups and downs, if I bottle feed him more then usual he ends up not wanting to take the breast for the rest of the day, I need to work hard to fix his bond and start all over again.
    My plan is to wait for him to grow up a little and start pumping again, as for now he doesn't like to be left alone more than once or twice during the day so I don't have the time for that

If he is not wanting to take to the breast then I'd say he is filled up from the bottles so no incentive to go to the breast, are you still offering breast first, before bottles?

Pumping is hard work! I struggled to do it when DD2 was tiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove View Post
    If he is not wanting to take to the breast then I'd say he is filled up from the bottles so no incentive to go to the breast, are you still offering breast first, before bottles?

Pumping is hard work! I struggled to do it when DD2 was tiny.
    It's like his priorities and moods change all the time. he wakes up a lot during the night, it's when he gets the most of his feeding from me, he takes only a few sips from the bottle. during the day like always I suggest the breast first and offer the bottle in case he is still hungry if he is still fussy or awake.

When pumping gets easier? I can barely leave him alone and I'm alone all day so I don't get help with him. I want it to be consistent, to pump after every feeding! right now it's impossible.

Hi, It?s really frustrating that you have sought help from LCs and haven?t got the answers you need. It is important when assessing the mother and baby to ascertain where the problem lies and a skilled LC can do this. they would take a thorough history and look at things like the birth, any underlying medical conditions in your or your baby, prematurity, structural issues such as tongue tie, family history of allergies and intolerances and more. Then they would be able to use the information to make a plan. It seems that you are not sure exactly where the problem lies - just that in the end you feel you don?t have enough milk. If you PM me maybe I can point you in the direction of a good LC in your area

Quote Originally Posted by Barb Glare View Post
    Hi, It?s really frustrating that you have sought help from LCs and haven?t got the answers you need. It is important when assessing the mother and baby to ascertain where the problem lies and a skilled LC can do this. they would take a thorough history and look at things like the birth, any underlying medical conditions in your or your baby, prematurity, structural issues such as tongue tie, family history of allergies and intolerances and more. Then they would be able to use the information to make a plan. It seems that you are not sure exactly where the problem lies - just that in the end you feel you don?t have enough milk. If you PM me maybe I can point you in the direction of a good LC in your area
    WOW I didn't know LC does all that, the LC that I seen seemed knowledgeable but not experienced, they were quite young in their 30s.
    My area is Israel :P

Is she an International Board Certified LC (IBCLC)? That's generally the gold standard.
    Who knows, Barb may have contacts in Israel....

Quote Originally Posted by onthefly View Post
    Is she an International Board Certified LC (IBCLC)? That's generally the gold standard.
    Who knows, Barb may have contacts in Israel....
    I know they undergo a course to work in this profession, I don't know if she is Board Certified.

Yeah, there are lots of courses. Some good, some not so good. With IBCLC you know more or less what you're getting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12