Thread: Tell me about Buddhism

Default Tell me about Buddhism

Hi

We have an assessment to do on a particular religion.. It is a group assessment and we have chosen Buddhism.. Although our work has to be referenced, I thought I would post in here to find out a bit about it from people who practice the beliefs and maybe someone could point me in the right direction regarding books, website etc? We have to answer Q's such as food requirements, special rituals, beliefs etc.. I know nothing about buddhism so thought here would be a good place to start!

Have a look at BuddhaNet, it is GREAT

Also feel free to post any questions. I'm a Buddhist, I can answer what I know, which is a little bit (not a whole lot as the more I learn the less I realise I know!) and I can try to reference any answers too. I know at least one other member who could answer your questions too You could also contact your local temple and speak to the coordinator, they'd love to answer your questions.

Thanks Leasha, but we are not doing Buddhism now.. Only 2 groups in our class were allowed to do it and we missed out.. We are doing Judism now.. But thanks for you help.. I'll check out the website anyway