... 234

thread: For sale by offer

  1. #55
    BellyBelly Member
    Add ~clover~ on Facebook

    Sep 2007
    travelling
    9,557

    Re: For sale by offer

    Thanks. I'll just go back to my original plan. If the house doesn't sell, I'll give it 6 months & see where I'm at. If it does I'll just see what happens.
    I can opt to buy mine in 18 months & go part owner ship with the government if I need too. & if I work for that time, as planned, I will have a much better chance. I still need to add things to this house, like a shed etc, & probably redo most of the cheap bathroom & kitchen, but it's not going anywhere. No one else can buy it.

  2. #56
    BellyBelly Member
    Add ~clover~ on Facebook

    Sep 2007
    travelling
    9,557

    Re: For sale by offer

    Well, I may have another chance. I'm not sure, but this no was a more positive no than the last one... lol.

    We put in another application. This time, I was all good. Seems there wasn't a reason to turn me down. The only reason for a no they could find goes back to 20 years ago. Dad had a CC with them that went to a collection agency. It was paid off after that, but it was with this same lender. The fact it was with them is the only reason they even know about it. And it was paid out to the collection agency, not them. 20 years ago. I remember it really well actually :/ ... It was when dad came down with Ross River, Glandular fever & Que fever. He nearly died & the bank tried to tell him they could sell our house out from under him over $4000... resulting in a smashed house phone & a broken hand...

    Given his legitimate reasons for the debt, all medical reports, & the fact that they've proof he paid it out, mum seems to think they may reconsider. I haven't hear from my uncle yet, which surprises me. He passed this info onto mum for privacy, but mum filled me in.

    I dunno. So now I'm about to go back to the RE & reoffer. I haven't withdrawn my offer yet. I think if my uncle thinks it's worth me trying again it must be. RE came back with 'all offers were similar, vendor would like all to put in a final offer', so now I really need to put in the right amount. Am I crazy to ask what other offers were to see if I can beat them? Or put my final offer on the table, but let him know I'd be interested if there were other higher offers so I can attempt to better them? How much would you go up if it was all or nothing & there are possibly 2 other offers going in?

    Bit unsure again...

  3. #57
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Dec 2007
    1,794

    Re: For sale by offer

    I hope you eventually get your dream of owning a home..

    However a few of your threads with comments about paying back money really concern me.. You mention above 'valid reason' why a debt was not repaid and things went pear shaped. When borrowing money, you need to safeguard yourself for emergencies where the debt cannot be repaid. Regardless of whether you feel your reason for not making payments on time are valid, the small print on the document you sign from the lending institution, states these conditions and the legally can do these things that you feel are harsh.

  4. #58
    BellyBelly Member
    Add ~clover~ on Facebook

    Sep 2007
    travelling
    9,557

    Re: For sale by offer

    Deleted.
    Last edited by ~clover~; January 12th, 2015 at 11:58 AM.

  5. #59
    BellyBelly Member
    Add ~clover~ on Facebook

    Sep 2007
    travelling
    9,557

    Re: For sale by offer

    Well for anyone interested, I finally heard back today & unfortunately the other parties final offer was higher than mine.

    I'm not so sure I want to continue on in the house I'm in. Even less sure about buying it. I won't be moving out for at least 12 months, but I'm seriously thinking of returning home to NSW & building my own house on my parent's property, or not far away. Residential blocks are under $50 000 where they are & I'll be back home, only 20 minutes away from my 2 best friends. This house has too many issues. No outdoor living space/storage. The bathroom has serious plumbing issues & I know from the last time it was patched up that it isn't waterproofed properly. There's just too much involved & they'll probably want more than I'm willing to pay for it as well.

    Maybe it's time for me to go home? It's a really hard decision to make..

  6. #60
    2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Apr 2006
    Winter is coming
    5,000

    Re: For sale by offer

    Home is always a good place to be

  7. #61
    BellyBelly Member

    Nov 2010
    1,994

    Re: For sale by offer

    Home is where the heart is.... Where is your heart?

  8. #62
    BellyBelly Member
    Add ~clover~ on Facebook

    Sep 2007
    travelling
    9,557

    Re: For sale by offer

    At home. I've been needing to go back for a while now, but I've always put the kids first. This place is so great for the kids...

    But it's just so huge. I've worked hard to get what I've got & I want to take my stuff with me rather than starting again. So I need to do it properly this time. Save the money, hire a removalist.


    And I'm within driving distance of my ex. Still doesn't sit well with me, but at least the kids can spend random weekends with his parents & maybe him. Another 12-24 months I think. Going to talk to mum & dad tomorrow. Find out what's involved with shed homes & paperwork etc. Theirs isn't a legal dwelling, so I could make mine legal.. But I don't know much about it. A year or more gives me plenty of time to work all that stuff out.

  9. #63
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Nov 2003
    SE Melbourne
    326

    Re: For sale by offer

    Sounds like a plan! At least you have the time to plan and think it out properly and get things sorted! You will get to build the house that you want, within a budget that you have. Sounds great! We built a relocatable granny flat in our backyard for my Dad, its fantastic! Now my eldest DD lives out there! They are brilliant and go up really fast!


... 234