Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For sale by offer

Default Re: For sale by offer

You could demolish the shed and put a new one up elsewhere when you get they chance.

At this stage it doesn't bother me. I didn't know the person. But his family are all still here & his son comes to stay with them every so often. I didn't feel anything when near/in the shed that made me uncomfortable before I found out. So other than it being a big thing for others in the town, at this stage I feel it'd be ok. But as you said, these things can be changed.
    Mum also pointed out that the agent has a legal obligation to tell me things like this & that could reduce the price.

It was also pointed out to me, by my uncle, that unless I am planning long term, not to buy. But I think I'm ok with that. I know that I may have trouble selling, but I know there are people here who look for long term rentals.

I know now it's not condemned. I feel this is my best chance to own my own house. The valuation came back & it may be enough to work.

I'll send off the paperwork & see what happens. The bank could easily still say no yet. But the chance is there. I'm paying pretty much the same in rent now as I would be in repayments, & my rent goes up $15 a week as of Jan. I know I can easily cover any interest rate rises in the future at this amount. So far I have a good idea of what repairs need to be done.

Any ideas of anything I may not have considered? Will be calling legal aid for advice tomorrow. The fact that I'm still legally married needs to be taken into consideration apparently :/ this is something I don't even want him knowing about if I can help it. Not for a while anyway :/

I think it's always good to get into property if you can. As time goes by people will forget things like that.

I don't think ex needs to know until your divorce gets settled and that will only be what happens when that ask for your financials.

I think it will feel nice for you to have your own place. It's always better than renting. I'm crossing everything - you deserve some good luck
    Xo

So, there's 4 days left til offers close. The house next door was sold the same way & surprisingly, it sold. For half what they wanted for it... (only 20k, in much worse condition).

Mum reckons I should put an offer in. Just waiting for dad to call up & check their loan balance. If it's under 80% of original loan, they can be guarantor for a certain amount. Then my borrowing power would be enough to cover what they want for the place, even though I'm trying for less. Hopefully this means having the extra to fix it up

Uncle (mortgage broker) says not to offer yet, because the bank could still say no. Given my only income for now is centrelink, it comes down to a case by case basis & putting it together to look as good as possible.

Everything is looking ok so far. Just not sure about offering just yet. But I don't want to miss out!

A little unsure of what to do. See what happens tomorrow I guess.

Good luck

Application is in. Will possibly make my offer tomorrow.

Good luck.

Well, the bank should have me an answer by 5pm eastern time tomorrow. Been a long time since I've been this anxious...

Application went to the assessor this morning. I won't know til tomorrow now, but I did just put in my offer.

Good luck!

I haven't posted yet but I have been lurking. Good luck with it all! It is so nerve racking to be waiting. I hope it all comes through for you

Good luck!! Will keep everything crossed for you!!

Can't wait til this part is over... I might be able to sleep again lol. I've been up at 5.30 the last 2 mornings, because 6am is open business over East. My body doesn't know it's not 6 yet. And 9am EDST means absolutely nothing when I already know the answer will be 'this afternoon' (so after 9am my time, not 6)

So I'll just add a million more things I *think* I need to my bunnings wish list

Keeping everything crossed for you

Nope. If I had a better savings record maybe. They can see I try to save, but end up using it. I did expect that, but it sucks. I wish mum hadn't convinced me to go ahead now. Big blow to my self esteem.

I'm sorry it didn't come through for you. At least you know you could with some more hard work though. Don't let this set back stop you dreaming.

Bummer Clover But don't let it be a blow to your self esteem - it was a good practice run and I am sure you learned a lot about how it all works. It is hard to get a decent savings history. We have been turned down over that before.

And, there is a fair chance the house won't sell and you may get another shot at it a bit down the line.

So sorry that it didn't come off. Like the others said its a great learning experience if nothing else

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast