Thread: Semi-Rural Suburbs in SE QLD with Public Transport

Default Semi-Rural Suburbs in SE QLD with Public Transport

Looking for ideas for where to live when I leave refuge.
    I love the semi-rural type areas but I need public transports as I cant drive. I will be getting my licence but it will take some time.
    Beaudesert is OK and has a bus to Browns Plains.
    I LOVE Canungra but cant find any PT there. I thought there was a bus but cant find any info on it. And being a small town the rental market is quite limited.

Translink site and Google have been pretty unhelpful so I thought Id ask you wonderful ladies.

I dont mind where it is really as long as there is PT, schools/ kinder, basic facilities (supermarket, bakery, library, park, etc), reasonably good neighbors.

I need to put in my dept of housing application on Monday and have no idea what to put as my preferences... Any ideas?

Default Re: Semi-Rural Suburbs in SE QLD with Public Transport

Toowoomba hahahaha

I live in a suburb called Windaroo which is a few minutes from Beenleigh. There is a bus that goes to the Beenleigh train station which goes express into the City and all the way down to Robina on the GC. Surrounding suburbs are Mt Warren Park, Belivah and Buccan. Worth a look as it ticks all of your boxes.

My ex has family in Windaroo. Lol so thats a no go.

Tms Toowoomba isnt all that crazy ya know? Im just mindful I will have to travel to bris for the kids to see thier dad fairly frequently. Does it take long on the bus (lol!)?

Unfortunately bris-twmba by bus is a pain from what I've heard, but you could look it up? Toowoomba to mt ommaney is an hour and 30mins, about 2 hrs from here to the airport.

I know I said it as a joke but we really are loving it here, it has everything but doesn't feel overly big and there are some really nice ruralish suburbs, we're in suburbia and we still get roos and rabbits about our streets at night.

So far I can't fault it here, we like the kids school and there's another two schools the same distance from us we've heard great things about as well. There is literally a park on every corner, there is always something going on and a lot of it is free or a gold coin donation.

They are building a new library (current one is great though), heaps of markets on around the place, there is public transport but never used it so don't know how good it is. People seem friendly.

Highfields seems really popular with people from out west who wanted to be in the city without being in the city, only been up that way (the other side of town) once but it looked good.

Who knows, might be an option if nothing closer to brissy pans out

Logan Coaches has a service Monday-Friday from Canungra to Beenleigh via Loganlea and Loganholme. It's only twice a day though.

No real suggestions of places to live out that way. DS goes to school out that way though

I am in Canungra, and yes, Logan does a bus service to beenleigh daily.
    As far as I know it is not regular in as in maybe once or twice a day. So you may be stuck at beenleigh for a while.
    Also, I don't think rent is not super cheap either, but it is an awesome town and we love it here.
    Maybe Jimbooba? Not as pretty, but better services.
    There is also a local bus driver in town who travels to the coast (Nerang way) weekdays as he does a school run and I am sure he would take you, but once again, it's an all day thing.
    Maybe park ridge, or greenbank or edens landing. Over the othe side of the highway is Jacobs well and willowvale also now has great facilities.
    Can you get some one to take you for a day trip drive?
    Eta, whAT ABOUT ONE OF THE NEWER SATTELITE suburbs like springfield?
    they have awesome facilities, parks, shops, transport etc.
    Not so much rural, but very nice, all the same.

I live in Springfield Lakes ( although not for much longer, we listed our house yesterday) and there is great facilities out here, and the train line is now also here so PT is not an issue...there are loads of parks, walk ways and a great mummies group .....definitely worth a look! All the best

How funny this came up today.

My mum lives in springfield lakes so that wasnt an option. Lol

I have just been approved for a house not really where I wanted but it is a nice area with good schools and transport. I will stay for a while and make a decision later on when I have my licence about moving to the country. I still want to, but it is just too hard with no car.

That's great to hear you have been approved for a house, I hope it all works out for you and your able to find something in an area you really want to be in