Thread: Starting to lose hope

Thumbs down Starting to lose hope

So we are looking for a new rental, as our lease is almost up and they have sold the home.

We have applied For 3 the first one they called and let us know they advertised the wrong price and it was in fact $45 more a week so we said not to worry with our app. The second we were told it was between us and one other app. And that our was a perfect app with a glowing ref so came down to luck.......clearly we don't have luck as we didn't get it.

This last one were now on day 4-5 of waiting for a reply but don't like our chances as there were 30 other people there too. And if we can miss out with a prefect app and ref then what luck do we have really? Starting to stress and feel like we wont get a home in time
    We are good tenants as shown in our ref's, we pay in advance and on time all the time too, If that cant get us a home then what will

Default re: Starting to lose hope

Hugs. It's hard, isn't it? Unfortunately there's a lot of competition for rentals these days. Fingers crossed you get this last one.

Similar to us last year. Landlord wanted the house back to renovate, so we got a notice to vacate. We made it very clear on every house we applied for, the reason we needed the house and ASAP.

Lucky for us, we applied for 1 house and got it, but was also $50 more then we really wanted to pay.

Id call the RE and just ask how the app process is going, no harm in asking

I always send a email the end of the same day I send in an application to check if they have received it and introduce myself . I them follow up in 3 days to see if they need anything else form me and to see how it's going .

Def follow up and give them a call , at least you will know if you need to start looking more urgently .

How long do you have left?
    I know it's not want you want to hear but you may need to start applying for things you don't really want , anything will be better than having no home at all

Hugs Iv been there xo

Thanks everyone.I called and was told the lady is still processing the heap of applications they have. UGH We handed ours in at the inspection everyone else had to wait to be emailed an app. I got in early and got them to email me it in advance so we could hand it in on the day.

How long do you have before you need to vacate ?

We have 3 weeks left so a bit of time but we have already been looking for a month too.

Can the real estate you are with help with a property ?

Default Re: Starting to lose hope

They could do, but we have had so many issues with them that its not worth renting through them again. We have had to make complaints.

I always write a cover letter with my rental applications... Not sure if you have done this already but I think when a real estate agent has 30 or so applications to go through you need to stand out in some way or another.. In my letters I usually write is like a mini bio/cv e.g. this is what me and my husband do for work we have a daughter named blah and she is blah years old - we have a dog named blah blah we have lived in the area our whole lives and are looking for a long term rental etc etc.. It just helps them get to know you a little bit better and make a personal connection with you..
    I have rented and always had really good responses from my applications..
    I really hope you find something soon! It can be really stressful

Yup I always use a cover letter too and every time Iv used one I have been accepted

We went through this recently. We used the cover letter. Also applied well out of the price range we wanted to, while applying for everything that was suitable and we didn't stop looking while the applications were being processed. We stopped looking the first time and the house fell through so wasted time. By going to so many inspections and talking to the agents they came to know us as locals too which helps in the area we are. As a lot of applicants are young (fresh out of high school)and from out of town

Did you give the RE a call ?
    How are you going for applying for other places ?

Yep called back again today to be told again that they still havent got to all the apps yet, but she made a note that we were calling to check.

We are still looking at others while we wait 1 today 3 tomorrow and one on wednesday.

Ugh, we went through this last year and it sucked! After waiting a whole week for our dream rental app they picked the other couple over us In the end it was between 2 properties, best and second best. Second best wanted us to move it asap while best was still processing. We had to go with second best cos we couldn't afford the risk to wait for best to finalise. We had about 5 days left to vacate at that stage!
    Hope you can find somewhere soon And definitely chase it up!

So Im really annoyed. After calling all week being told she is still processing them I call today to be told "oh she is just now going through them". UGH Not happy!!! Ive waited over a week and on the app it states they will tell you within 3 days!!!

How did you go? Did you end up getting the place?

Not that place, but we got one a week later much better too so happy. We move tomorrow. This ones private and the owners are fab