Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caesarean Scar Images Gallery

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Caesarean Scar Images Gallery

I came across this link from the site caesarean.co.uk and thought I would share it considering the amount of c/s scar questions that pop up.

The website makers are collecting images of caesarean scars so you can see a variety of scars over various time frames (soon after c/s to years after) so you can see how they fade etc. You can even contribute your own images.

Caesarean Scar Pictures

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Wow! Some of those were HUGE and to be honest, very ugly!

Healed scars looked ok though. I think it's good (although a bit scary) putting up ones that weren't healing so well in case you wanted to compare or were unsure if it was ok or not.

thank you so so much for putting this link up Kelly I have always been rather disgusted by my scar and now after seeing these pictures i dont feel as bad and know that mine is "normal" cant think of a better word!

Quote Originally Posted by ~*MrsS*~ View Post
    thank you so so much for putting this link up Kelly I have always been rather disgusted by my scar and now after seeing these pictures i dont feel as bad and know that mine is "normal" cant think of a better word!
    after the 3 sections soon to be 4 :yeahthat:

Thanks so much Kelly, I saw these when you posted on FB a while ago and just sat and thought if ONLY I had this too look at in the early days, to know that how my scar looked was NORMAL!

Wow! Some of those were HUGE and to be honest, very ugly!
    ausgirl, they can seem ugly but please remember that they are part of someones body now, and something most people are very sensitive and self-conscious about.

OH my mine is lovely compared to some of those!!!

my 3 scars look better than some of those....and yes you can still see all 3 of them...latest being near 15mths ago, then nearly 8 years ago, then nearly 11 years ago
    and i shall add another hopefully next year

great link BB

Quote Originally Posted by Katones View Post
    my 3 scars look better than some of those....and yes you can still see all 3 of them...latest being near 15mths ago, then nearly 8 years ago, then nearly 11 years ago
    and i shall add another hopefully next year

great link BB
    oh wow they keep cutting myn out and leaving a new one. they even cut out an extra scar down there from another op.

They arent that bad

Similar to my appendix scar, although bigger lol

I saw this when it was posted on FB - I really liked being able to see others and know that mine looks 'normal' It would also give hope to women who just had one - particularly emergency c-sections when they are very traumatised - to know that they do fade in time.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Leasha~ View Post
    Thanks so much Kelly, I saw these when you posted on FB a while ago and just sat and thought if ONLY I had this too look at in the early days, to know that how my scar looked was NORMAL!

ausgirl, they can seem ugly but please remember that they are part of someones body now, and something most people are very sensitive and self-conscious about.
    I get that Leasha, and I certainly wouldn't be so insensitive to say that to anyone IRL - I guess my real point was, csect has long been glamourised as the 'easy' way to have a baby, that leaves you 'intact' and 'looking normal' , to someone who's never had anyone close have one, this brings a greater sense of reality of just how unglamourise it can actually be.
    Last edited by Floweryfields; January 28th, 2010 at 09:37 PM.

Thanks for posting that Kelly.

What an interesting site! Thanks Kelly

I have a question - looking at some of the 'overhangs' there on small-ish women - does this mean I'm pretty much stuck with my hang?
    I thought if I lost all my excess weight I would lose the hang, too.....

Fleur - hope you don't mind me asking, did you lose the hang?

starangelk... It's been 21.5 months and I haven't lost my hang yet I have lost my scar.

Thanks for responding Leasha......I guess it makes sense - I mean, they cut and then it heals, so I guess there will be a bit of a hang. It's pretty low tho right? Can you see it in bikinis?

You'd probably want a fairly high bikini. It sits where the waist elastic a hipster undie would sit.

It's really disappointing ... I lost all my pregnancy weight, back down to pre-TTC, in a healthy weight range, no more scar, but still have the hang

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast