Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caesarean Scar Images Gallery

So does everyone have this hang? Sorry to ask so many questions, I am probably going to have a CS as little miss breech so just trying to get as informed as possible.

I still had my hang no matter what weight I was. I actually found I preferred to be a bit overwieght as it filled in my hang and it wasn't as noticable. However my last c-section they did lopsided so now I have a hang that hands low to one side I don't mind it too much, only DH can see it and I don't wear bikinis so it isnt really an issue.

ETA - starangelk have you checked out a website called spinningbabies? I'm not sure what you have tried to get your LO to turn around but there might be somethign on there that helps
    Last edited by Ryatha; May 13th, 2010 at 09:37 PM. Reason: eta

Wow - I'm having an elective caesar and TBH the idea of the scar had never even entered my thinking until I saw this thread title and some of the comments. Was in two minds about whether to look. So glad I did. Now even less concerned. In my circumstances, have definitely made the right decision.

Is the hang a result of the c-section or just due to pregnancy? i am only one month out from a VB but have hang due to stretched skin, and i can imagine that it may not disappear not matter what exercise i do.

Its hard for me to tell now that I'm pregnant again, but I had the hang and I was back below pre-preg weight very quickly due to a lot of stress & illness after DS was born. I'm a really small frame and the hang was still there. Kate - I think you're right, the hang does have a lot to do with stretched skin - the thing that bothers me the most about my c-section scar is how it gives you kind of a permanent tuck in where the cut is IYKWIM? It alters the way your body would naturally fall and I think that contributes to the hang as well. My scar for me is more psychologically challenging than anything. I wear hipster knickers & bikini bottoms and there is no chance my scar can be seen, maybe mine is lower?

im a small person just on 5' and 48 kgs and i still have the hang from my c/s i think thats the only thing that depresses me about it now i cant get rid of it and my stomach just looks awful my first 2 my tummy went back to normal i had a few stretch marks but no biggie, now after DD2 my tummy looks like that of a 90 year old!

I really think it has to do with how you were cut personally. After DS, I had no apron at all but after DD I have an apron only to one side where the scar didn't quite go straight across, it went at an angle upwards. So I really think the higher the scar the worse the apron, if it's far enough down there's not as much fat there for the hang to happen.

It's amazing how differently everybody heals! I am very happy with my scar. It is a barley visable white line. As a result of an emergency c-section. I'll be having another one with this bub which I'm quite nervous about :-/

I'm like mumma Bella -very pleased with my healing and I don't have any hang. Look exactly as I did before havig bub. Well except for scar :-)

Quote Originally Posted by minivini2b View Post
    I'm like mumma Bella -very pleased with my healing and I don't have any hang. Look exactly as I did before havig bub. Well except for scar :-)
    Right after the operation I had a overhang it looked as if someone had taken a chunk out of me... I actually felt so depressed and although happy I had a healthy baby boy thought to myself "I'm going to need surgery to fix this".... needless to say as the months went by things flatterend out. I actually broke up with the father of my first two begining of 2011 and found dating quite easy and I was quite confident with my body! I never thought I would be :-D

I do hope things settle back down with this c section. I mean my Mum has had two c sections and two vaginal births and it looks as though she hasn't had any children.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12