Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CS under GA disappointment thread

soulful, are you having a appointment with the hospital or OB again, before bubs is born? Maybe write out any questions you have about the birth.. With my GA with DS, my DH had to wait (not sure where though) for them to bring DS to him on his way to maternity. He was allowed cuddles, once back in maternity, they took a photo, which was then bought down to me in recovery.
    DH was NOT allowed to bathe DS for some reason, yet with my DD 8 yrs before, (different hospital) he was encouraged to be the person who gave her, her first bath. Because of them not allowing DH to bathe DS, he was about 6 hours old before i even held him and that was only because DH went and had a few stern words with a midwife or two.

With my DS also, I had the catheter in until the following morning, so there was no getting out of bed till then for me.

As for recovery time, I think it will differ from each person. I was unlucky enough to not have the spinal work with my DD, no reason why? just told that sometimes it happens. I opted for a GA with DS because of this reason. I woke a lot quicker with DS (not sure on times?? may have been around 45 mintues) than I did with my DD..was about 3 hours from her birth to me being taken back to my room.

I like Mara's suggestion of a video camera Also you could ask if they could take photo's for you. We were allowed to take a camera in for someone to take pics for us, but that was when it was going to be a spinal. Not sure about a GA.

Hi Soulful,

I just wanted to add that I've been doing a lot of reading as to why I felt the way i did after my CS. Why I had bonding and Breastfeeding problems and I just thought I'd share that when we have a CS with no labour our body totally misses out on the ****tail of hormones that help us and our babies bond, nurture and be nurtured after birth. We don't experience the peaks in oxytocin, adrenalin, noradrenalin or prolactin like someone does with a spontaneous VB. I have read that one way to help our bodies to turn on these hormones after a caesarean is to make sure that bub is not washed and that when you wake up have your gooey baby placed on your chest for cuddles and quiet time straight away. I have also read that having warm baths with your baby helps to switch on these hormones. A bit hard to do in hospital I know, but something to consider once you are home.

I am by no means saying that you will have the challenges that I did, but thought it all very interresting and relevant to mention

HTH
    Last edited by ~mamaspice~; November 2nd, 2009 at 12:58 PM.

Default Re: CS under GA disappointment thread

Why not this one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12