Thread: CSection after vaginal birth?

Default CSection after vaginal birth?

Has anyone had a csection after 2 or more vaginal births and can give me some advice on what it was like? Thanks.

I've had one after one vaginal birth. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have, if I.can

Just wondering how you coped going from vaginal to csection. Usually its the other way around lol

Ive had 3 very easy vaginal births so its a bit confronting and distressing trying to wrap my head around the possibility of a csection. I worry about recovery the most.

Mine was an emergency c section and at the time I was devastated thinking how could this happen after already having given birth naturally, but after a while I was ok with it.

In terms of recovery, it is a lot more difficult, I wasn't able to get up and tend to DS2 for close to 24 hours, it was quite painful but I was off any pain relief after 2-3 days. If you can, have your husband stay the night with u after you c/s, I wish I had of done that as the nurses aren't always quick to come when u call and as I wasn't physically able to get up and pick up my baby he was left to cry for up to 5 minutes at a time which was probably the most heart breaking part of the whole situation, having to listen to him and being completely helpless!

Good luck honey I hope it doesn't come to that for u xxx

Freya... Just wanted to know if you ended up with a csection?

I'm almost at term for baby number 4. I have had 3 natural vaginal births. No drugs, no stitches and hardly any Dr intervention. This pregnancy has been quite difficult. I have low fluid, baby is breech and always has been since 20 week scan. I had an unsuccessful ecv last Wednesday. Although I am and the drs are happy to support a vaginal breech birth IF I go spontaneously, baby has other complications with his kidneys and also his growth has declined, so if I need baby out quick, they won't induce me because they...and we...are nervous that he is already compromised and we don't want him coming out flat, so a section is our other choice. I won't know til my next growth scan on Wednesday what the outcome will be, but I need to prepare myself.

So... What happens? How long does it take? What's recovery like? Especially with a lot of kids. My girls are 6,4&2... My littlest one still wants me all the time. I'm wondering how I might manage. I've got my mum and dad around and they will help out as much as I need, but I'm reluctant to rely on anyone for lengthy periods.
    If I do need a section, I'll be getting my tubes done at the same time.

Thanks for any input x

I didnt end up with a csection! Bub turned head down but I ended up being induced with gel at 39wks because he was IUGR. Bub was in a funky position though and after 15 hours of labour with no progress/bub's heart decels I thought they would section me but the OB was confident he would shift. When he did he came out in 15 minutes!

I can highly recommend seeing a chiro; my chiro bub see's has a 95% success rate of turning breech babies.

Thanks Freya. I've been back for more scans and reviews and the hospital is happy to support my vaginal breech birth. I'm happy that things worked out for you. I'm pretty confident that I will be able to do the same. I think my bubs turning is complicated by low amniotic fluid.... Where did you find a chiro that works on turning babies?

Any chiro should be able to do it but I was recommended to mine. Search chiro's in your area and give them a ring to see if they have anyone experienced in pregnancy chiro.

If you're talking about the websters technique, not all chiros can do it. I found out the hard way on the w/e when the fill in chiro for the main chiro was there and my appt didn't say websters. Made the 40 min drive, sat in the chair, she went 'oh' and I had to rebook for when the main chiro was due back. Make sure you ask when you call if they do the websters technique