Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Endometritis

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Nerd Burger. View Post
    I had a bad one after my second section - ended up in hospy one night - not good with a toddler and newborn to care for. My gp went on for months afterwards telling me how sick I was every time I saw her....lol

Anyway, the issue of infertility was raised - but I conceived the next two children on the first try.
    Goodness that would have been tough!

I'm trying to stay positive and am thinking maybe if i build up enough courage maybe ill try for another baby as soon as i get the all clear.

If this happened lets say after a few more kids i would be fine with it, well you know upset but wouldnt be the end of the world but i want more kids and i already dealt with my pcos and being told id never concieve naturally... so im hoping its another thing i can prove them wrong about.

Default Endometritis

Hi,
    I had a CS last Monday ( a week ago). Was home on Saturday. Sunday I developed flu like symptoms with various others. Today it was confirmed as an infection in the uterus. I am on oral antibiotics, but could be back in hospital if I don't improve.

Has anyone else had this? Any good stories of quick recovery? Anyone had to be admitted and been able to keep bub with you?

TIA x

Default Re: Endometritis

Oh no, that doesn't sound good at all You should be able to keep bub with you, especially if you are breastfeeding. When I had my third baby there was a woman on the mat ward who had had gall bladder surgery and her baby was only 6 or 7 weeks old. make sure you ask though as some hospitals may not be able to do that

Thanks Trillian.

No advice just a gentle hug.

A gentle hug is perfect right now x

No advice either but when I got sick & was admitted to hospital my DD was allowed to stay with me she was 10wks old.
    That was in a private hospital tho.

Hope your feeling better soon

I went back to hospital when my DD was a few weeks old. She stayed with me & they even let my DH room in to help out. That was in a public hospital.

It will depend on hospital policy as to whether bub can board with you. And in most, you will have to be the primary carer for bub through your admission. Your best bet is going back to where you had bub. I imagine you will be advised to return to where you had bub anyway. Try and get on a maternity ward.

I hope you feel better soon

MG, I went back into the mat ward where I'd had my DD, and like you said it was me being admitted not baby so I was responsible for her care, which was why DH stayed to help out.

I'm seeing the same dr who did the CS so would be re admitted. I now reckon I would be able to have bub with me. She's only a week old. So surely it would be a must? Thanks for the help!

If you're being readmitted and having the same Dr, it would be very very unlikely they wouldn't let you take bubs. I hope you are feeling better soon though

Thank you! The bleeding has slowed, but the pain has not improved. Feeling so drained with all the possibilities. There's nothing I can actually do so what will be, will be.

This to shall pass!!

Darl if you're not feeling right, please speak with Dr again ASAP, don't leave it longer.
    Xxx

I went back on Thursday and during an uktrasound they found blood in the uterus. Could be causing pain also. Now waiting for that to pass. If it doesn't I have to go back to try to help it. I'm feeling well now so hopefully the infection is under control.
    Thanks ladies x

I'm glad to hear that things are looking up. Hopefully you can stay out of hospital.
    I just wanted to say that you should triple check with Dr, with hospital, with admissions, with anyone else you can think of, that you can take baby with you. I had gallbladder surgery when DS1 was 6 weeks and I was initially told that he could stay with me by the surgeon, but then later was told by hospital after admission that he couldn't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12