Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's your c-section scar 'x' months on?

Default How's your c-section scar 'x' months on?

If you feel like sharing I am curious as to how others c-section scars have healed and what they now feel like, however many months or years down the track.

Do you have pain, itching, soreness, numbness, discoloring, lumps, divots, raised sections, thick scar, thin scar, sensitivity etc or maybe your scar feels just like you belly before your scar.

My scar is 18 months old. I have no pain or sensitivity in it, my daughter happily jumps on my stomach. Still slightly numb along the actual scar. The scar itself has started to go silver on one end, the other end is still a little red. It's crooked. I also have a definite divot the entire length of the scar. One in which I can put my fingers into. It's not belly fat, I have no overhang, I'm guessing its muscle. That slightly concerns me, wondering if that's normal.

I only had my little girl 4 months ago, but my scar doesn't hurt it's just numb.. But also gets itchy! My scar is like a perfect little line.. Still quite red/purple!

Mine is nearly 3 years old and finally starting to heal at the ends. I have a skin condition where things like that always go keloided. So, it's pretty large and red, but it'll heal slowly over the next couple years to nothing. My appendix scar took 5 years, so this one will take a bit longer. No feeling around it whatsoever.

Mine is 8 months old. The area directly around the scar is still pretty numb, but otherwise I feel pretty normal. The scar is white and thin.

my scar is 4 - almost 5 years old, thin, silvery, still get pulling, stretching pain if I move the wrong way, one end is thicker than the other and is higher up (like a lopsided smile) I occasionally get ingrown hairs in the scar but cant feel them as it is still numb (about 2cm either side, up and down) when I would get AF it would get red, itchy and almost like the muscles under there are swollen...
    PG now with no.2, getting a bit worried as feeling lots of pulling in my scar area....

7.5 and 4.5 years on you probably wouldn't even know it was there unless I told you. I often forget it's there. I never feel any sensation related to it at all.

I have 3. They are 7, 4.5 and 18months old. Same as Nai really. Very faded. You have to look hard to see them. No numbness around the site (though I did for a few months with the last 2). I have numbness at my belly button though. No overhang even though I've had 3.

My last one was 5 years ago, line is faint and white from memory - can't see it at the moment lol - and barely noticeable. I do have numbness in that area and an overhang that can't seem to go away no matter what exercise I do because the muscles are pretty much shot in that area.

Starrysky - don't get too worried about pulling sensations, just remember that they cut (or rip) the muscles down there, and when you get pregnant again, it all stretches and some nerve endings start having little spaz attacks. I get it quite often, it feels like someone is ripping a knife through me, but my scar has held up for each of my vbacs. xxxxx

Mine was 4.5yrs ago and this is my second pregnancy since then. Probably I can only notice where it is, I think all the numbness might be gone now. Looks and feels totally normal

Can I ask how is the stomach muscle? Do you have a divot where your scar is or is your stomach muscle flat all the way along now ?

7 years on it's pretty much invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
    Can I ask how is the stomach muscle? Do you have a divot where your scar is or is your stomach muscle flat all the way along now ?
    I can't answer that at nearly 39 weeks pregnant - I don't have any flat bits anywhere LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Arimeh View Post
    I can't answer that at nearly 39 weeks pregnant - I don't have any flat bits anywhere LOL
    He he

Yeah, it's flat, it doesn't go in at all. I think that's because it's down so low. If it was in the crease sort of bit at the bottom of my tummy then I think I would have that overhang bit that people talk about but it's much lower than that so I don't.

Same as Heaven's. Mine is very very low.

I have a very noticeable "apron" of loose skin that overhangs the indentation where my scar is (just on pubic line) not sure if due to placement or because I was just so massively huuuge when PG with DS (he was 9pd11, I was swollen all over)
    The overhang is not quite as bad if I lose a bit of weight or dont eat (lol) but its always there..

Thanks ladies. For me It's not a belly overhang it's like inside underneath the scar when I push on it. It feels empty along the scar. Like my muscle has been tucked in. Hard to explain. Maybe, hopefully, it's fat I should get it checked.

It's nice to hear that for some of you it's no longer noticeable. Also comforting to hear that some stretching discomfort in pregnancy can be normal, ill have to remember that for later on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast