Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Caesarean Scar says...

Default My Caesarean Scar says...

I've taken this idea off a website which involves women uploading pictures of their c/s scars and saying what they feel their scar says.

What does your scar say when you look at it?

For me, my scar says 2 things, depending on the day.

On most days it says "I'm here as a constant reminder that you failed. I remind you that you couldn't keep your child safe. I remind you that your placenta failed, nearly killing your child. You didn't give birth.."

But, sometimes it'll remind me that I have a battle scar. My child went through so much, and has her own battle scar. Its only fair that I have one too.

What does your scar say?

Sorry to start it off so depressing.

My scar said I made the right decision to bring my boys here safely.
    It also says I will be judged on how I choose to birth in the future.

It's not depressing hun - many of us still after years face the trauma of what we had to go through to get our babies here safely. I struggle with my scars and what they mean but have come to a place where I look at my scars ( I have 2!) and both say

"This is where my child was birthed from my body to join us here safely"

DD often sees mine and she knows that that is her special "line" that helped her come into the world. We "gave birth" through these lines - our battle was different from others who give birth naturally but we still gave life through this scar and although I am not proud per se, I know that this is the way it is and I have finally accepted it. xoxox

I hope your scar says kinder things to you as time goes by.
    I'll lighten it up a bit if you don't mind
    My scar tells me I have a beautiful, healthy little girl in my life. It tells me that I am an amazing, strong women for going through a major surgery and making it through all the fear I had while lying in theater waiting. And it makes me even prouder of birthing my son vaginally because I did it against all the odds

I realize a lot of people will have quite raw, upsetting feelings about their scars so I hope I'm not being insensitive by being so positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My scar says "My son and I are alive today". Because we sure as hell wouldn't be here otherwise.

I know everyone has different feelings about their scars - and I acknowledge that c/s can be extremely difficult, physically and emotionally. I still get tugging in mine sometimes. And I don't like my "gunt" - the flap of skin above it that sags... So there are good and bad things. But for me, it's mostly good.

My scar says two things too

- This is the outward scar that can be seen, that reflects the deeper unhealed wound of losing my first born.
    - This is the physical reminder that you put your childs life before your own vanity. My horrible scar was the last good thing I could do for her, having a vaginal birth would have killed her.

Quote Originally Posted by munchkin_mumma View Post
    I hope your scar says kinder things to you as time goes by.
    I'll lighten it up a bit if you don't mind
    My scar tells me I have a beautiful, healthy little girl in my life. It tells me that I am an amazing, strong women for going through a major surgery and making it through all the fear I had while lying in theater waiting. And it makes me even prouder of birthing my son vaginally because I did it against all the odds

I realize a lot of people will have quite raw, upsetting feelings about their scars so I hope I'm not being insensitive by being so positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm hoping some people will be positive!! lol
    I know there's so many who are proud, unfortunately I'm not one of them.

You're not insensitive at all, honey.

Mine says this is the way I got to meet my 3 beautiful children.
    It was calm relaxed and absolutely magical. Nothing but positive. Charlotte I too really hope your scar says nicer things in the future xo

surrounded by textbooks, cat toys and love

Hmmm, mine says 2 things, that my son is incredibly loved, and thank goodness it didn't backfire.

Mine says 'the day your life changed forever and you got the most precious gift in the world'

My scar says "Love was inside of me and this is what we had to do to share that love with everyone around us".

My childrens scars are worse then mine, I can't even compare. I will be back though after thinking through what it really says to me

"Thank goodness we are both here and doing well."

..and also that they didn't have to cut me wide open.

Six years ago my scar said to me

"This is the only physical reminder i have of my daughter"

Now it says, " i have a physical reminder of what i have lost, and what i have gained"

Mines kinda twofold.

The first scar especially. It screams weakness and the way to put DS and any future babies at risk, but it also says I can be strong when i need to be and hold onto that baby's life with all my might (my scar split and held onto DS until my second caesar).

they say I'm tougher than I look. Two rounds of major abdominal surgery and I stepped back into my life like I'd never been away.

the second one says I'm eternally grateful for my baby's life.

I'm saying to it now...please just one more time, stay strong.

Mine says 'This saved your DD life'

My reminds me that my body failed to protect my precious babies, it brought them into a world they where no where near ready to be in...it reminds me of there struggles and pain...but it also reminds me of the fight, strength and tenacity that they possess and that I am very lucky to have them. (only my tiny prems where c/s)

Not really sure. Maybe "thank god the dr was observant and my DD is here healthy" I don't have any negative feelings about it though. My C/S was calm and quite good.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast