Thread: Poo after c section

Default Poo after c section

Hi =) one of many questions i have...buttyhe one bugging me the most...
    What was your bowel movements like after a c sec? Im currently day 3, and had a movement yesterday, but was like watery diahorra, and today i feel like everytime i pass wind i leak water...
    Everything i've read goes.on about constipation, and im worried its overflow... or did other people have diahorra? ??
    Please hit me with you TMI!!

Default Re: Poo after c section

I was given Lactulose after my c-section I'm pretty sure. I think I was expected to pass a bowel movement within 24 hours, and I did - I'm sure some people would find it unnecessary intervention, but it didn't bother me.

Particularly given my previous RVF, I didn't want *any* risk of difficulties down there, and constipation is so prevalent.

So the watery movements strikes me as odd, and I'd be after a second opinion.

hmm i'm not sure :/ i had my csection 4.5 months ago & i didn't have a bowel movement for about 5 or 6 days. i was SO gassy but nothing was eventuating from it. i was given coloxyl from day 2 i think. my first 2 or 3 bowel movements were black tar like :/ definitely not watery. maybe ring up & speak with a midwife?

its normal to take a few days to poo after a c-section OR a vaginal birth..
    Have you had an abdominal pain with the watery diarrhoea?
    when you do pass wind, DO you leak some water? maybe you need to do some pelvic floor strengthening also?

I know its normal to take a few days, and constipation is the more common side effect, all the pain relief and my being on iron supps prepared me for it...which is why i was surprised i was going the other way.
    Another thought, maybe its the antibiotics from thetre...im going to start taking a probiotic to see if that helps.

Good idea re the probiotics..

Mine was the worst constipation! It seriously was the diameter of a large tomato! Took 45 minutes and all the strategies I had learnt in my Calmbirth training!

That, of course, doesn't answer your question. But if we are going there I thought I'd share! Ha ha !