Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best 7 seater cars

Taurean/Freya - how do you get people into the third row of the CX9? Does a seat in the middle row fold away, or do you have to climb over somehow? They look very pretty ;-)

We keep one slid forward and folded down (locked in).

Default best 7 seater cars

Quote Originally Posted by LuluHB View Post
    Taurean/Freya - how do you get people into the third row of the CX9? Does a seat in the middle row fold away, or do you have to climb over somehow? They look very pretty ;-)
    That's the only issue, the car seats make getting into the third row a little difficult. The entire second row slides easily BUT with the seatbelts threaded through the car seats it can't move. We haven't really tested how easy it is to unthread one seatbelt to see if it works but I suspect all car seats would need the seatbelts removed. I'll check it out later

At the moment if we have anyone traveling in the third row, they climb over the back. If its only one person, we keep one of the third row seats down. Totally agree with Freya about the size if the third row seats though, they're big and super comfy! Ours even have their own drink holders and are leather like the rest of the car. DH and my dad have travelled in there together very comfortably, lol.

With the Cx-9 for example - I assume they are like any car where you struggle to get two toddler seats and an adult in the front row?

Just had a quick look and totally forgot the second row also has a 60/40 split so you could unthread the seatbelt from the single car seat (the 40 split) and easily climb into the third row then just rethread the belt which isn't that difficult or time consuming I guess

Quote Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
    With the Cx-9 for example - I assume they are like any car where you struggle to get two toddler seats and an adult in the front row?
    Not really. My parents and inlaws and both DH and I have all travelled between the two car seats at different times and it's been fine. There isn't loads of room but it's not uncomfortable either. We've got a SNS Meridian and a Maxi Cosi Complete Air (both forward facing) and revelry had another decent sized forward facing car seat between them with DD1's friend traveling in it. No dramas at all. They are pretty roomy cars.

Quote Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
    Nope! We've done it with some of Dh's strapping army mates lol when bub comes ds1 (adult belt booster) and ds4 (rear facing) will be in the middle row - ds1 in the middle seat and ds4 behind the driver so we can still slide the outside seat forward so the other two kids can get in the back. But I've got kids in adult belt boosters not a couple in 5 points so we can be a bit more flexible with seat placement etc.

We have had adults with two seats in the front row with the Santa Fe and also in the third row. There is room for adults its just with three or more seats in the car it gets tricky. It has anchor points in each row in the back of the seats though which is handy.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Hey everyone - I am writing an article about 7 seater (or more!) cars in Australia - if anyone can help, I have a few questions I would like to ask! Please email me: [email protected]!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12