Thread: Car crash car seat question

Default Car crash car seat question

Last night, someone crashed into our stationary car whilst it was parked on the street. Front driver wheel is cactus and once we can sort things out with insurance it will need to be towed away.

It has a car seat installed. Does this kind of crash count as the kind where we need to replace the car seat? It's a good seat and I'd rather not, if possible. I'm also not going to risk DS's life, but can't see how it could be damaged.

Default Re: Car crash car seat question

I don't think so. I recently reversed my car into a wall and damaged the left hand corner of the bumper. It was a slow speed an DS wasn't in the car and no one has mentioned replacing the car seat as it wasn't a high impact crash and the damage was very minor and not to the body of the car. Maybe check with the manufacturer as to what they recommend for peace of mind.

Call your insurance company, they'll be able to tell you whether the seat will need to be replaced or not.

It depends on what kind of speed was involved and how much of an impact

Would the insurance cover it anyway?

May only need to replace the anchor strap as precaution but I wouldn't say whole seat