Thread: My car was on fire

Default My car was on fire

Last night DS18 borrowed my car, about 20min after he leaves the phone rings and all I can hear is commotion and then I hear DS with such panic in his voice saying "mum, the car is on fire". I tell him to get out of the car (which of course he already is) and continues to tell me he can't put it out and he'll call me back. Well the longest 10 min of my life goes past and he calls back. It was the alternator which caught alight and each time he put out the flames it would reignite again, thankfully his quick thinking in disconnecting the battery probably saved the whole car from burning up in flames. My poor boy, I still can't shake the feeling of helplessness, he knew I couldn't do anything from home but he still called mum for some sort of help, absolutely awful feeling. When he called the second time I told him not to worry about any damage to the car, I don't care about the car, I'm just glad you are ok.

Regards,
    Dianne

Default Re: My car was on fire

Oh wow. Glad he's ok!

Far out - your life certainly is eventful!!!

Never a dull moment, I'm surprised I haven't got any grey hairs yet lol.

Regards,
    Dianne

OMG how scary- a similar thing happen to me once and I screamed out help and a guy came out of his house and disconnected the battery of my car to stop it getting worse!!

It must be reassuring that your DS handled a potentially bad situation so well!!!! Well done to your DS- he did all the right things!!!!

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Glad he thought quickly of what to do and all is ok.

Oh wow. Glad he is ok