Thread: Talk to me about 7 & 8 seaters

Default Talk to me about 7 & 8 seaters

We have just found out we are expecting twins in oct, we already have a nearly 5yo and 2.5yo so the trusty commodore isnt going to cut it. The older kids will both still be in harnessed car seats so min 2 anchor points in the 3rd row, we will need space for luggage for travelling long distances. We have no preference for make/model as long as it meets our needs, is safe and is preferably diesel.
    What cars do you have and whats are the pros and cons? Which cars have 5 anchor points and do any of you have harnessed children in the 3rd row? How hard is it to access the kids to clip them in? I keep finding conflicting information on the anchor points and how you can configure the seats etc. I dont really fancy having to climb over the middle row to click the 2 older kids in but from what i can see, most 7/8 seaters you have to squeeze thru once youve flicked the middle row seat forward or just lean ITMS?

The ones we've seen that we thought might suit us were
    Vw caravelle or multivan
    Kia carnival or grand carnival
    Chrysler grand voyager
    Toyota Tarago (not my fav)
    Hyundai imax

Any opinions on those? Have i missed any that are similar?

TIA!

Default Re: Talk to me about 7 & 8 seaters

Hi. We were just on the same hunt. We went with the Kia Grand Carnival. We liked the imax for its bigger boot space but the 3rd row does not have anchor points and is not a split seat. Our Kia has electric doors which are very handy. We have petrol though and it does chew the fuel a bit but it also a V6 so bit more power.
    I have driven some amazing cars. The Kia may not be tge coolest car but it is really nice to drive.

My BFF just and twins and thought bought the Kia carnival, the two bigger boys are in the back row and they have the babies on one side in the middle row. They pull the seat out on one side, so they aren't climbing over through the middle, but from the side like you could in a van. It seems to be working for them so far

I was thinking the carnival sounds like it ticks most of the boxes!