thread: [ADVICE] how long does it take for FTB and BB payments to come in?

Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong

[ADVICE] how long does it take for FTB and BB payments to come in?

I'm asking because DS2 is 9 weeks old, all the forms were sent off straight away, and we still haven't received anything ...

Will the FTB be back paid? And when will we start receiving the baby bonus payments?

We got a letter a while ago, saying that we'd be hearing back within 21 days, but that ended a little while ago, and there's still nothing online or in our letter box ... or our bank account ...

We've tried calling up, but the phone system warns that the wait is 90 minutes I'm guessing there are lots of people with lots of questions following the budget announcements ...

DH is considering trundling down to the office itself to ask, but I'm wondering whether he'll end up being there for just as long ...

Any ideas?

Thanks ...

Mar 2009

A long time! I was advised 50-60 days when I called two weeks ago. We are still waiting, my DD2 is 4 months today although we didn't lodge till a few weeks after she was born, it has been well over 60 days now.

FTB is backpaid. BB starts from when it is processed and goes for 6 months from that point.

I wouldn't go into your local branch because they will just direct you to a phone.

Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria

i think DS was about 10 weeks when ours finally came through, try calling at a different time of day. they should be able to tell you that they have all the forms at least.

Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong

Thanks girls

Jul 2008
    Melbourne

we just got ours in 3 weeks. not sure why it was so fast when everyone else seems to be waiting ages.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Jan 2009
    pakenham, victoria

worth calling, going in hun, mine hadnt been processed properly

Add leckert on Facebook Follow leckert On Twitter

Mar 2008
    still on the teaching contract roundabout

For some reasoning got mine processed in less than 4 weeks - rang earlier this week as I needed to clarify something for them after receiving a letter. Received payment this week - go figure as I was expecting it to take much longer given everyone's warning

ETA when I took my form in to the FAO at my local c'link the lady who served me said a lot of people forgot to put their CRN on the form which makes things take longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so may be slightly confusing

Mar 2009
    N.S.W

We put the forms in on Friday and it's getting paid tomorrow, so less than a week. We got a phone call off centrelink on Monday to check your income the next 6 months and he was approving it that day. It was heaps quicker than I thought it would be. I was expecting to wait for months.

Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong

we're still waiting

and the last 4 times we've called up, there's been an estimated 90 minute wait!!

DH will try again tomorrow ...

Mar 2009

It makes no sense! We are still waiting too...

Add ~clover~ on Facebook

Sep 2007
    travelling

Call at 8am. If you call after 9, its usually too busy to get through.

Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria

IF you feel like a drive the seymour office is not busy, and were very helpful when i went in.

Sep 2005
    In the middle of nowhere

PN mine took 3 months this time ...(better than the 5 it took for DS)

Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise

there are an abnormally high number of arrears claims at the moment - so taking about 5 weeks on average. if there is any additional information required, it can take longer. there are staff that are temporarily helping process baby bonus and ftb claims, but they're not touching PPL due to the higher level of training needed for those claims. there are also baby bonus claims that are more complex and outside of the scope of those staff so are given back to processing teams to look at

there is no point calling at 8am for processing assistance. the processing centres open later than the call centres so they can't get you through to processing staff at that stage. staff in the local offices can't help either - all they can do is put through a request for the application to be looked at - and there are hundreds of those requests daily, it really doesnt speed up the process.... if you can call up the call centre, they can look at the notes on your file to see if anything is missing. if they look and everything is there (they can check if the paperwork is received and make sure it's all completed properly, see any requests for further info etc) - they will be able to put you across to processing staff to discuss getting it processed asap. this only happens after it's been on file for over five weeks though (which appears to be the case for PN and jellyfish).

Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong

thanks, BG!

I'll pass that on to DH ... I think he's on the phone at the mo - I tried to call and got the engaged signal

Kim - yep, we're coming up to 3 months ... and if that's how long it takes, so be it - we all only have 2 hands and 24 hours, etc, I just want to make sure that everything is there, and we'll get it back paid ... credit cards are due soon!

Dec 2006

ftb will definitely be backpaid
    bb won't - it will start, and will be paid for 13 installments after the start date

Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong

DH got through - 65 minutes all up! But he got answers ...

They have said that all the info etc has been provided no worries, it's just that they have literally thousands of applications backlogged, and unless it's over 50 days of you're about to starve to death you basically just have to suck it up and wait.

And that's not a big issue - again, two hands, 24 hours ... there are human limitations, and we get that they're busy, but trying.

They also said that the 50 days and all back payments are only counted from when you did the online part of the process - not when you actually submitted your forms!! WTF? 'Cause that makes a difference of five weeks for us - that's a fair slab of FTB, to be honest ...

Is that correct?

Dec 2006

no, that's not correct with FTB at all! FTB will be backpaid to date of birth (or july 1 if child born in previous financial year) for ANY claim. a newborn, dependent on how long before the end of fin year they are born, can be backpaid the installments to DOB, but it may be withheld until taxes are done if there has been a gap between birth and claiming kwim?
    PPL won't be backpaid prior to the info being received in most circumstances
    baby bonus doesn't get backpaid at all - it's paid two days after processing (first installment) then another 12 installments after that