Thread: JET

Default JET

Iv been approved for JET childcare . I was originally told that I would not pay $1 a hour I think , but the guy on the phone just told me it's $8

Anyone know ?

Default Re: JET

I believe it's $1 per hour.

Legislation has recently changed (and by recently, I mean in the past week). There are changes coming in which will limit the amount of jet payable (both hours and $$$). I'm not sure when it comes in but I have heard (haven't confirmed) that it will be capped in terms of hourly rate. Previously it was automatically reduced to a dollar an hour, no matter how much the child care charged. Now I believe it is going to be a dollar an hour unless your child care charges more than $9 an hour. Anything above that you will pay extra (so if it is $10 an hour, you pay $2)

What is JET paid for?

JET is additional fee help for childcare for parents on income support who are undertaking approved activities (study, starting a new job etc).

JET Child Care Fee Assistance

Sorry to hijack thread but just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to be applied? I submitted all my paperwork over a week ago and haven't heard anything. Not even an online letter?

I applied on the 29th of August and my application was approved yesterday . I called today as I cousins see anything on the app , but I was told that they hasn't sent an online letter only post letter so I wouldn't have known until the letter arrived in the post .

Quote Originally Posted by blessedatlast View Post
    Sorry to hijack thread but just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to be applied? I submitted all my paperwork over a week ago and haven't heard anything. Not even an online letter?
    It really depends how many claims are lodged at any given time. Usually three weeks would be normal for this kind of claim during non-peak times (start of semester can blow out the number of claims quite a bit)

Ok great thanks ☺