Thread: Parental leave vs newborn payment issues

Default Parental leave vs newborn payment issues

Ok, this confused the frak oit of me with Spock and now it is no easier with Quark... dont even get me started on the online estimator...i still seem to have no idea how to use it.
    But i have 2 questions...
    Quest 1, about newborn upfront payment & newborn supplement:
    with the 2nd part of the payment, it is just an increase of FTB pt A for 13 weeks right? And it says you get a max increase of $514.15 for the 13 weeks, is that total eg an extra $39.55 per week? Or and extra 514.15 per week? (I am expecting it to be the first...but i might be surprised)
    Quest 2, about parental leave pay:
    In the work test, it says you must work 10/13 months before birth of bub. And in that 10 months do at least 330hours. Ive easily done 330hours, but would have only been officially employed for 9 1/2 months...does this mean not eligible? ??

Thankyou so much in advance!!

Default Re: Parental leave vs newborn payment issues

Q1. Yes it's a maximum amount over the 13 weeks, so your assumption is right. It also goes through reco at tax time and may be raised as a debt like any other ftb payments

Q2. Yes you have to have worked 10 of the 13 months. The claim gives you the question in weeks or days from memory. You will need to work out what day you went back to work after Spock and work from there. If you have paid may leave before quark is due it may count as work (paid leave days count. Unpaid leave doesn't in most cases). Is your 9.5 months from ate you commenced work until edd or is it 9.5 months plus six weeks mat leave before edd

From when i comenced work to my edd.

Thanks btw =)

It's so close...if I go overdue with quark, like I did with Spock I will be eligible and make the 10mths, i really am only 10 days off!

Ok, one more quick question, that 10 months, is that before bub is born? Or before you claim the ppl? Eg, ( and i know this is desperate and possibly insane) but if i worked an extra week of shifts after bub is born, to make up 10/13 months, then claimed would that work?

From before bub is born, if your on paid leave it counts as work fro memory too.

Quote Originally Posted by ~TT40~ View Post
    Ok, one more quick question, that 10 months, is that before bub is born? Or before you claim the ppl? Eg, ( and i know this is desperate and possibly insane) but if i worked an extra week of shifts after bub is born, to make up 10/13 months, then claimed would that work?
    I was wondering if you had any luck with the parental leave payment or knew the outcome as I am in the exact same boat as you! I am only like 1 week off my 10 months!

I am getting newborn as my daughter was born on her due date, so not after the 10 months

Quote Originally Posted by ~TT40~ View Post
    I am getting newborn as my daughter was born on her due date, so not after the 10 months
    So there isn't any flexibility at all in the weeks? Thanks for getting back to me so fast!

There is no flexibility. It's kinda hard to have flexibility in policy like that cos where does flexibility end. You get a week leeway but TT doesn't get 8 days so she gets ripped.... It's better all round to have set limits in almost all aspects of life for fairness...
    Last edited by briggsy's girl; December 15th, 2014 at 08:13 PM.