Thread: Smart c'link people - carers allowance

Default Smart c'link people - carers allowance

I'm going to apply for DS. The question I have is in relation to forms.

I've just looked online & the forms can't be printed up from what I saw ('for personalised forms please call 13... Or go into your local service centre')

My question is; I have generic carer allowance forms I picked up back when I applied for DD. They don't have my personal info on them & would be around 3-4 years old.

Would I still be able to use these? Or will I have to call them & wait the week or 2 for some in the mail?

Default Re: Smart c'link people - carers allowance

Oh & can his clin psyc fill in the forms? Or does it have to be his paed?

Forms that are several years old are no good. The claim forms change regularly. You need to make cintact so that your intention to claim can be lodged and the correct forms for your situation can be issued to you

I did end up calling them. Got the call back about 3 hours later, but I got it

Fingers crossed. Thanks.

Have the forms changed a lot? Or am I remembering them wrong.

I'm sure last time I filled them out there was a section for me to comment on how the condition affects everyday life? The only place I'm seeing for comments on these ones are in the section the doctor fills out. I have a feeling this is going to be a waste of time.

Don't know if it differs between states but there was one medical form which the doctor did (you can print that part out if you need that filled out (e.g. have an appointment)before the claim form reaches you), and the claim form, which they sent when I called to request the form, they ask questions to pre fill some details, and you have about 14 days to get it back. Though I took longer with the medical part and that was fine. The claim form didn't seem to require too much filling in (as in, I don't remember crying or kicking anything while completing it), so I don't think it asked how it impacted me, apart from an obligatory 'do you work extra hard with this kid, and if you don't, you might not be eligible'.

So I think you will want a professional on side. I'm pretty sure I saw psychologist on the list of people who can fill out the med form?
    Here ya go, it says a registered psych is fine. All the best, every little bit helps hey.

there is a rating taken from your form, and one from the treating doctor. your form is fairly straight forward in terms of comparing your child to an "average" child - do they need more help than another child their age with toileting, do you have to physically feed a child (when others their age would not need help) etc. the doctors report carries significantly more weight in the assessment

there is nothing to stop you from including a statement with any claim form though. for any payment it just won't carry as much weight as the set questions/doctors assessment...

Thanks. I'll have to go through each page again. The medical report must have a section for the medical professional & one for me? Because there was none of that in the claim form.

The claim form for Carers doesn't always ask for parents to assess child level, sometimes is just the Dr form. When claim us being assessed if more information us needed they generally send out another form at that time

Ok. Trying to convince myself its worth putting in. I don't think they'll see it the way I do. I don't think the reasons I want to claim will matter, even if it is having such a big impact on our lives.

Not coping atm & no one else cares. Can't see the government wanting to help me out lol.

I see it this way - you MAY not get the payment, but if you don't put in a claim, there is NO WAY you will...

Give it a go clover. Every little bit helps, and worst case they say no and your no better off, but if they say yes, it will be worth the effort xoxo