Thread: Upcoming Payment Changes

Default Upcoming Payment Changes

Ok. So I know there are some changes coming in regards to payment types when your youngest child turns a certain age. I'm not clear what they are though.

I'm considering quitting my part time job to focus on the kids and house more. My youngest is 5. 6 next year.

My hubby has an average income per annum but we wouldn't get by on his income alone.

Would these new changes affect me in regards to payment assistant options. I wouldn't want to go on new start as I would be choosing to stop working and not really a job seeker. Ofcourse this would be only for a year or so.

Default Re: Upcoming Payment Changes

If you are currently receiving Parenting payments when your youngest child turns 6 you will be put on Newstart Allowance.

Regards,
    Dianne

Thanks. So no changes to ftb

There were no changes to ftb.

Regards,
    Dianne

Im not sure if you get PPP now, but be aware that for every $1 your partner earns over $900 a FN, you lose 60c. I work part time, (between 32 and 60 hours in the FN at $25-30 an hour) and many FN my DHs gets very little Austudy (I get none as I earn too much)

Your ftb should remain the same depending on your partners income, but you will be put on newstart. Depending on your circumstances it can be anywhere from 200-300 less a fortnight than parenting payment.