Thread: Will I get it back?

Question Will I get it back?

Howdy - I guess this question is specifically for BG - gem that she is!!!!!

DS and DD have both started at a new daycare (him at Montessori for 2 days, her at ABC for 3 days) and I just received an account for both of them - and both places say that they haven't received notification from centrelink yet about the CCB - so I have paid $200 to each place, just for the week - all my pay

I have got a letter from Centrelink to say that they are both approved and we get 61% or whatever it is - since it doesn't seem to kicked in yet with the childcares - will I get the gap I paid back or not when it does eventually kick in?? Cos I can't be paying $400 a week for childcare for much longer - I may as well not be working!!!!

Does that make sense?

take your letter to the child care immediately - they may be able to back date it, and have that $200 you've paid come off part of your future bill (so apply ccb to what you've paid, and put you in credit if that makes sense)

if they refuse (which unfortunately some do) they'll report that you paid full fees and you'll get your ccb for that time at tax time

my understanding is that most child care providers will backdate CCB for up to 4 weeks - so would process it and the amount of CCB you'd get would be credited to your next bill BUT the change over in reporting systems means they now report weekly (or some do) and may not be able to. if they don't/can't, you will definitely get that amount back at tax time

Cool thanks BG... I emailed it to ABC but still got a bill for the $200 a week for Miss M - so I guess they wait till confirmation from Centrelink? I'll get DH to give Montessori the letter on Thursday.

Thanks heaps mate.

ABC are still on the old system (as far as i know) so SHOULD be able to backdate it to the date on the letter that will be sent to them... i wn't guarantee anything but from what i understand they should still be on the old system

the new system, when the centre submits their usage each week, they get notified of percentage there and then, so if it hadn't been processed at c'links end when they put in the first usage statement, it might not show up. definitely take the letter in

Rightyo
    Thanks BG!!! *mwah*
    (And btw - got a shock looking at your ticker - you're over a quarter of the way there!! )

hehehe yup

hoping the other three quarters aren't as plagued with nausea as the first one has been!

Nah it'll go soon enough.. then you'll get the kicks... then you'll get sick of him/her getting his/her feet stuck in your ribs... then you'll get head butts in the bladder.. then you'll get sick of peeing yourself if they headbutt and you sneeze at the same time...

Then you'll have the baby and miss being pregnant!!! LOL

you make it sounds soooo..... pleasant!

it's worth the sacrifice (i think....)

It is pleasant.. for the most part

I'm just jealous cos I miss it

If I wasn't going for a VBA2C - I'd be getting knocked up already!!! hehehe

hehehe i'm sure it will happen when it is meant to happen...

i don't want a huge gap between kidlets - but i also don't now if i could deal with three months of nausea again...

gotta get this one born first...

yes hurry up will you? don't you know how many people are hanging out already for you to have him/her?

BG, you forget about the ms pretty quickly once it's gone!

i hope so MR - i have an upchuck phobia so the past 9 weeks have been horribly traumatic for me!

More than likely you are very nearly at the end. Mine finished at 12 weeks with DS1 and 10 weeks with DS2. It's all for a good cause though hun!